2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Buehrle pitched six innings of one-run ball in an intrasquad game in Tucson.

Buehrle playfully taunted Jim Thome after Thome had gone hitless in his first four at-bats. On his fifth at-bat, Thome launched a mammoth home run, and the usually modest DH jokingly stood at home plate for several seconds and pointed his bat in the direction of the homer.

Buehrle allowed five hits, struck out four and walked one in an 85-pitch effort.

Scott Podsednik went 2-for-6 with a triple and a walk.

Thome's such a great guy.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
Grinders are 1, 3, 5, good players are 2, 4, 6? The three great are probably Bonds (6), Pujols (4) and A-Rod (2), and the three grinders are Erstad (1), Rowand (3), and Eckstein (5)? Complete guesses.. but they make sense.

You're right 1, 3 and 5 are grinders the other 3 are actually good. 1 = Rowand, 3 = Byrnes, 5 = Erstad and 2 = Pujols, 4 = Beltran, 6 = Howard. Good guesses though.

Asked Monday about Darin Erstad's role on the team, manager Ozzie Guillen said, "When the season is over he is going to have 500 at-bats.

*bangs head on desk over and over*

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
Yeah, that was lame on their part. But atleast it was Soxtalk who got the page article a few months back.

Yeah. I don't think I recognized the others except for that other site.

And which article was that?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
Some of the minor leaguers I've talked to sound a little disappointed about the whole situation with Brian.

Just a "hunch", but I don't think a lot of the minor leaguers like Ozzie. I know there were a lot of furious people about the Tracey incident, and I've heard similiar rumblings about the Anderson situation to what you have.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 11:21 AM)
Just a "hunch", but I don't think a lot of the minor leaguers like Ozzie. I know there were a lot of furious people about the Tracey incident, and I've heard similiar rumblings about the Anderson situation to what you have.

Well, not the caucasian ones at least. :P

On a side note, I talked to Tyler Lumsden the other day, and he says he has no idea where he's landing in the KC organization. Wished him luck, but just not against us. :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
Hmm, I'd like to see that clip. I know he had a freaky tattoo around his stomach.

Some of the minor leaguers I've talked to sound a little disappointed about the whole situation with Brian.

Disappointed in how badly Anderson has performed on the ML stage or disappointed that he's not being handed a job?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 11:28 AM)
Disappointed in how badly Anderson has performed on the ML stage or disappointed that he's not being handed a job?

Disappointed in how the team has handled him in general.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:15 AM)

You have to figure Anderson is a great teammate, and whatever problems management has with him aren't due (alone) to his inability to produce offensively.

I know people have stated on numerous occasions that their may exist "behind the scenes" issues, but I don't understand why -- if true -- it couldn't be resolved.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:12 AM)
You have to figure Anderson is a great teammate, and whatever problems management has with him aren't due (alone) to his inability to produce offensively.

I know people have stated on numerous occasions that their may exist "behind the scenes" issues, but I don't understand why -- if true -- it couldn't be resolved.

On top of that, (and I have zero inside information on this so don't pretend this is anything but me guessing) I can't imagine that the guys we have on the way up are too happy about the way McCarthy was dealt with either. And they may not be too thrilled about the Fields matter if he doesn't get a shot at starting soon. At least that's how I'd feel if I came up through the system, did everything that was asked of me at every level, got better each step, and then wound up unable to get regular playing time in the big leagues while learning that league.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 08:04 AM)
Brian Anderson is on cold pizza. Sounded humble... said compettion makes him better. Can't blame them for bringing erstad in because he sucked with men on base... "they" make the decisions. And he has a huge tatoo.

Riefert on that appearance:

Brian Anderson did a live spot on Cold Pizza early this morning, and his appearance was seen by the early arrivers in the Sox clubhouse.

"Next time, look into the camera," AJ chided him.

"Hey, I'm not AJ, Mr. Media," Anderson responded. "I'm not on Cold Pizza all the time like you are."

Anderson's appearance included a self-made hat advertising a friend's father's business. The hat read, Merchado Masonry & Concrete.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 11:15 AM)
Hmm, I'd like to see that clip. I know he had a freaky tattoo around his stomach.

He had a really colorfull sleave and said it was dedicated to his grandpa. He just flashed it though, and its completely covered by tee shirt.