2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

Did anyone see today's Palehose 7?

Ozzie told Kenny he has a a good and bad voce telling him what to do.

Then showed Ozzie and the bad was Southpaw dressed as the devil telling Ozzie that Bmac drinks and doesn't work hard.

Harold Baines is dressed as and angel and didn't say anything.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://teapotdomescandal.blogspot.com/2007...s-worth-of.html

Erstad brings 60 games worth of toughness, hustle to Sox

Spring Training '07 Preview: Chicago White Sox

Ninety-six. That's the number of games played Darin Erstad has averaged over the last four seasons.

Ninety-six million. That's how gritty Darin Erstad is.

The Chicago White Sox, in an effort to get tougher and hustle some more, added Darin "Tuffygrit" Erstad this offseason. Needless to say, the team is already excited about what he can bring to the table for at least fifty or so games in 2007.

"I feel like there were about 60 games last year where we were not tough," White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen attempted to say. "If we have Darin for half of those, I feel like we will be tougher and get us some winning baseball."

He added, "[bLEEP]."

White Sox GM Kenny Williams jumped at the opportunity to bring Erstad's five-tool combination of toughness, grit, hustle, presence, and injury-proneness to Chicago.

"He brings a certain presence to the clubhouse," said Williams. "Him just being there reminds other players to be tough and hustle. Even when Darin's hurt, he's still right there in the clubhouse, like he's telling the other players 'hey, I can be just as valuable when I'm not playing!' The guys really respond to that, you know?"

Angels outfielder Garrett Anderson, Erstad's longtime teammate in Anaheim, raved about Erstad's ability to affect a team's entire mentality.

"He does get hurt a lot," explained Anderson, "but when he's out, if your team struggles, people talk about how you're just missing Erstad's presence in your lineup, and you don't feel so bad. If your team succeeds, then people say 'imagine how good they're gonna be when they get Erstad back!' Nothing Darin does ever has any negative impact on anything, and that's why I feel like Chicago is really gonna love him."

I seen Rosenthal has an idea for KW.

The Diamondbacks will probably look to trade Scott Hairston and/or Dave Krynzel, with no chance of Hairston hitting waivers. I'm rooting for Hairston, a talented player who has endured some terrible luck and timing. I think Kenny Williams should get on the phone with Josh Byrnes. They've completed several deals in the past together, and Hairston is a perfect fit for left field on the Sox.

Just got back from Tucson, not much to report.

Jenks looks leaner

Pauly looks bulkier and slower

Ran into AJ after he got hurt and pulled from Thursday's game, he stopped and signed autographs for like 10 minutes, even though he was hobbling and clearly in a lot of pain. The stories are true, what a jerk he is.

Oh and Tucson is still a lame city with more traffic than I remember.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 01:42 AM)

Jenks looks leaner

Ran into AJ after he got hurt and pulled from Thursday's game, he stopped and signed autographs for like 10 minutes, even though he was hobbling and clearly in a lot of pain. The stories are true, what a jerk he is.

sounds like you had a real fun vacation, trying to hold back the excitement huh?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 01:42 AM)

Jenks looks leaner

He looks about the same size to me, maybe even a bit slimer...

capt.azpc10303042245.white_sox_cubs_base

very good article on why PECOTA and Baseball Prospectus suck...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

The new Sox radio commercials are insanely annoying, the gushing over Erstad being a grinder since birth, I'm cheering for Erstad and all but this grinder s*** is getting out of hand. They also make mention of the 6 fireballers in the pen including Aardsma, Masset and Sisco. 2 of which are likely headed for Charlotte.

Reviewing the box score against the Padres for Monday and the fact the Sox grounded into 4 DP's makes me happy to see they are already in mid season form. Paulie had 2 GIDP's. I am glad it's only Spring Training but a 4-10 record kind of sucks. Hope they start putting some good stuff together before the season opener.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
Reviewing the box score against the Padres for Monday and the fact the Sox grounded into 4 DP's makes me happy to see they are already in mid season form. Paulie had 2 GIDP's. I am glad it's only Spring Training but a 4-10 record kind of sucks. Hope they start putting some good stuff together before the season opener.

Probably worth noting...1 of those double plays was on a stupid/aggressive move by Mack where he tried to take 2 bases on a Sac Fly, expecting the throw to go home from the OF.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
Probably worth noting...1 of those double plays was on a stupid/aggressive move by Mack where he tried to take 2 bases on a Sac Fly, expecting the throw to go home from the OF.

You dissin' the Mack Attack? :lol:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
The new Sox radio commercials are insanely annoying, the gushing over Erstad being a grinder since birth, I'm cheering for Erstad and all but this grinder s*** is getting out of hand. They also make mention of the 6 fireballers in the pen including Aardsma, Masset and Sisco. 2 of which are likely headed for Charlotte.

I have to agree that this Grinder stuff is annoying. If you don't play hard all the time you shouldn't be here

A couple of Sox references from the new Peter Gammons post:

• Two obscure names? Scouts rave about Tiger lefty Edward Campusano, who had 81 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings in A-AA last year; White Sox RHP Adam Russell ticking 97-98; and Adenhart, the Angels' right-hander, who may be a factor on that staff before it's over.

• The Red Sox were told that Jon Garland is not available. Period.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)
Scouts rave about Tiger lefty Edward Campusano, who had 81 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings in A-AA last year;

Wait I thought he was on the Cubs? Please tell me this was just a mistake cause we don't need to see another stud pitcher on the Tigers.

EDIT: Nevermind I looked it up he is on the Tigers. :angry:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 12:41 AM)
very good article on why PECOTA and Baseball Prospectus suck...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

:mellow:

An article about Nate Silver explaining -- and saying the projection itself is poor -- the PECOTA projection shows why BP sucks?

I had to make a change for Mr. van Dyck's article:

The computer didn't like Darin Erstad because of his age (32) and injury history he sucks and hasn't sucked since 2000 and didn't like expected fifth starter Gavin Floyd because of his inexperience he sucks. Plus, Silver said, the rest of the division and the American League are getting better.