White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
The first week was cute and all, but it's really really really really f***ing time to sit Erstad.

He'll be the Pods of this year when he can do absolutely horrible for a long stretch, but Ozzie still won't sit him. Do we really think he'll sit Erstad for Anderson?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)
The first week was cute and all, but it's really really really really f***ing time to sit Erstad.

Why don't we sit Konerko, Thome, Iguchi and AJ while we're at it?

There won't be a Sunday line-up tomorrow, the game probably won't be played.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)
HAHA, good call fathom.

grindErstad 1 for his last 18, 5 K's and down to a paultry .194 BA

But its a grinder-like .194. I don't mind Erstad, there paying him next to nothing baseball money-wise. I do think Anderson could hit .194 though.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
I'd bet anything you'd like. He could be good some day, but he is being rushed now because he got a few guys out in spring training.

I don't want to bet. I was trying to get you and Soxace to bet.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:46 PM)
I'd bet anything you'd like. He could be good some day, but he is being rushed now because he got a few guys out in spring training.

Yeah, I think Danks will be a solid starter for us for a good number of years. However, his command is not even close to being MLB ready. He'd break the MLB record for homers allowed if he last the whole year. I'm still waiting to see his fastball get over 90 mph like we were told it would. I wonder if they'll teach him a 2-seamer.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
He'll be the Pods of this year when he can do absolutely horrible for a long stretch, but Ozzie still won't sit him. Do we really think he'll sit Erstad for Anderson?

There were quite a few who wanted to give up on Jermaine Dye in April/May of 2005.

Well we know Erstad will have atleast 500 at bats at the end of the year. And they show time after time that they like Pods in left... soooooooo.... Why is Anderson on the club?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
Pitching.

...and I can't be the only one who noticed SSI71 and fathom showing up after the home runs. :stick

I like Danks and think he will be fine this year. My timing is due to having other things to do around the house. The tax man comes first, my procrastination can only go so far.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:47 PM)
Pitching.

...and I can't be the only one who noticed SSI71 and fathom showing up after the home runs. :stick

I love these types of challenges....do I have to show the receipt for the Subway sandwich I went and bought with my fiancee at 12 today.

"Everyone talks about McCarthy Anderson. Last year we threw McCarthy played Anderson, and he wasn't too good either. OK? Check the records. Thank you. Everyone thinks McCarthy Anderson is god-damn Cy Young Babe Ruth."

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
But its a grinder-like .194. I don't mind Erstad, there paying him next to nothing baseball money-wise. I do think Anderson could hit .194 though.

I agree DA, its not that I mind grindErstad being on the team for what he makes salary-wise, but whats the point of him playing everyday, when BA could put the same numbers up, play better defense, and get the work he needs if hes ever going to develop a better approach at the plate.