White Sox vs. Mariners, 5/1/07 (L)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't washburn pitch a great game against us this time last year. If I remember correctly I think he went like 7 strong against us only giving up a few hits and 1 run. It was real frustrating to get dominated by Jerrod "Average" Washburn. I actually think it was the best outing of his year last year. I remember his ERA never being as low at any point last year as it was when he faced the sox last april. I am going to no friggin nuts if we get dominated by the most middle of the road pitching in the AL again.

QUOTE(joeynach @ May 1, 2007 -> 08:48 AM)
Didn't washburn pitch a great game against us this time last year. If I remember correctly I think he went like 7 strong against us only giving up a few hits and 1 run. It was real frustrating to get dominated by Jerrod "Average" Washburn. I actually think it was the best outing of his year last year. I remember his ERA never being as low at any point last year as it was when he faced the sox last april. I am going to no friggin nuts if we get dominated by the most middle of the road pitching in the AL again.

Washburn used low and away against us last year, and threw his change in the dirt. It was a frustrating game to watch.

We should do well this trip, as our lift and pull offense will be forced to hit line drives due to the geometry of the ballparks. Its hard even for Rob Deer to attack the large area of Safeco. We may see a better plan over the next few games, only to be undone when they get home.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
Washburn used low and away against us last year, and threw his change in the dirt. It was a frustrating game to watch.

We should do well this trip, as our lift and pull offense will be forced to hit line drives due to the geometry of the ballparks. Its hard even for Rob Deer to attack the large area of Safeco. We may see a better plan over the next few games, only to be undone when they get home.

What makes you think the plan will change? As with every soft tosser we face, the spin-o-rama swing from the heels will be in full affect.

Guillen will stack the line-up with righties that swing from their heels and can not adjust to pitches away in the dirt.

The line-up as I see it;

Erstad CF Ozuna DH Iguchi 2B Dye RF Konerko 1B Crede 3B AJ C Uribe SS Terrraro LF

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 1, 2007 -> 08:49 AM)
Erstad CF Ozuna DH Iguchi 2B Dye RF Konerko 1B Crede 3B AJ C Uribe SS Terrraro LF

I for one will be very, very angry if Ryan Sweeney is called up and is only used as a platoon player. If we're calling him up, he needs to be in the lineup every single day.

Give em Jell, Havy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:23 AM)
I for one will be very, very angry if Ryan Sweeney is called up and is only used as a platoon player. If we're calling him up, he needs to be in the lineup every single day.

Give em Jell, Havy.

Sweeney'll get the start in LF. Pablo will DH.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)

Yeah I remember now even Pablo was swinging at the junk in the dirt low and away and striking out, Iguchi too. SO much for stacking those righties when they all have the same lousy approach.

Why is Ryan Sweeney even on this team if he isn't playing?

QUOTE(Brian @ May 1, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
Crede is obviously better defensively than Ozuna, so why not DH Pablo instead?

To give Mr. Crede some rest?