White Sox vs. Mariners, 5/1/07 (L)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:27 AM)
Yes, but you can't pin it ALL on Vazquez or use it against him when the bullpen blows two leads in the same game.

No, I don't blame it all on him. I think you'll agree that Javy lacks the killer instinct to get the team from the 4th to 7th inning with a lead like so many good pitchers will do.

Cy Durbin with the usual performance tonight.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:28 AM)
I still think KW is high on Anderson. Young is going to be a nice player. I still don't understand signing Vazquez to an extension when you have him under control for 2 seasons. Especially when its a team's policy not to go more than 3 years with pitchers.

KW might be high on Anderson, but it's safe to say Ozzie isn't. With Ozzie's love for Erstad and Pods, I see no way in which Anderson gets significant playing time with the Sox again this year. That's very disappointing considering all the changes that are sure to come after this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Here's the problem....Cintron has to be on the team because you don't have a back-up SS. I was really hoping we'd trade Mackowiak and create room for Eduardo Perez. Of course, KW's only good signing this offseason, Toby Hall, was ruined. I don't see how we won't continue to get shut down by the usual LHP in our division.

Have you heard anything as to why they haven't tried to bring Perez in? They talked at the end of ST about signing him back to atleast a minor league deal if nobody else picked him up. Seems very strange.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm coming to realize that resigning Podsednik wasn't the only bad move this winter. This bench was horribly constructed. You can't do a whole lot about Hall getting hurt, but you cannot have Cintron/Ozuna/Mackowiak all on the same team. I would love to have a Casey Blake on this team right now.

The same Casey Blake with a .222/.319/.383 line? Yes that is an upgrade over the struggling guys on our team, but it's still nothing special. He's also making $3.75 million and he is NOT a bench player.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Here's the problem....Cintron has to be on the team because you don't have a back-up SS. I was really hoping we'd trade Mackowiak and create room for Eduardo Perez. Of course, KW's only good signing this offseason, Toby Hall, was ruined. I don't see how we won't continue to get shut down by the usual LHP in our division.

Up on the cheats site someone posted our ranking in the AL against lefties.

Coming into tonights game against lefties.

We are hitting .197BA, with a .296OBP with a hot .258slugging. thats a .555 OPS.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:30 AM)
Ichiro's stats are lieing, he has been s*** so far this year.

Thankfully we can't afford him, because some team's going to waste a lot of money on him this offseason.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:30 AM)
Have you heard anything as to why they haven't tried to bring Perez in? They talked at the end of ST about signing him back to atleast a minor league deal if nobody else picked him up. Seems very strange.

No clue...but I think that ship has sailed for good.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Yes, but you can't pin it ALL on Vazquez or use it against him when the bullpen blows two leads in the same game.

The guy gets paid $12.5 million a year to pitch. Maybe you can't pin ALL the failures of his starts on him, but he needs to be A LOT better than he's been since he's joined the team. His record and ERA were not even league average last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
KW might be high on Anderson, but it's safe to say Ozzie isn't. With Ozzie's love for Erstad and Pods, I see no way in which Anderson gets significant playing time with the Sox again this year. That's very disappointing considering all the changes that are sure to come after this year.

The trading deadline for this team is going to be a very huge deal this year.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:30 AM)
The same Casey Blake with a .222/.319/.383 line? Yes that is an upgrade over the struggling guys on our team, but it's still nothing special. He's also making $3.75 million and he is NOT a bench player.

Blake would get plenty of time on the Sox. And that line is pretty meaningless, it's one month into the season. But I mainly brought up Blake's name as a true platoon guy, not literally Blake (if that makes sense).

The White Sox want us all to get to bed on time tonight. They're so nice.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The guy gets paid $12.5 million a year to pitch. Maybe you can't pin ALL the failures of his starts on him, but he needs to be A LOT better than he's been since he's joined the team. His record and ERA were not even league average last year.

Neither was Buehrle, but I'm glad we didn't kick him out like you wanted.

The money for 2006 and 2007 shouldn't be held against him because the Yankees threw all that at cash him when he wasn't pitching like an average starter on a below average team.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 2, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
The trading deadline for this team is going to be a very huge deal this year.

If we're not going to play well this year, I'd just as much hope we're 8 to 10 games out by the deadline. Dye and Buehrle are almost definitely gone after this year, and we could get some good players if we're to trade them in a few months. It's not necessarily that I don't think this team couldn't make a run this year, but the other teams in our division just seem better than us. This offense has carried over from the 2nd half of last year.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
Cy Washburn!!!!!!11

It is just unlucky that the Sox seem to get every pitcher when they're at their best. Tough schedule, man, tough schedule.

At least the bats have warmed up with the weather, right? Right?!

Edited by StrangeSox