The Greg Walker Lynch mob thread

CWSOX45

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
I'm still waiting for you to explain when Greg Walker should actually be held accountable for the worst offense in baseball.

Look at the history of him retooling certain players' swings. They go from line drive hitters to guys trying to hit for power. Time and time again.

Everything I have ever seen attributed to Greg Walker is up the middle and the other way. I have never once seen anyone legitimate attribute to Greg Walker saying to pull and lift. Personally when the evidence shows that players aren't doing what they are being told to do, I would hold them accountable, but then again that's the way I was raised. I guess in this day and age finding someone else to blame is a pretty common thing.

If firing Walker will fix the offense, shouldn't the Sox fire Cooper to fix the bullpen, and fire KW to fix how the roster is put together, and fire Ozzie to fix how games are managed and players are used? I'm all for making changes as much as anyone, but I still don't think how making Walker the scapegoat is going to get this team going. I don't see how its going to make the offense any better. I've seen some of Walker's biggest critics rave about the Rangers hitting coach. The Sox got on base more times last season , hit more homers and struck out less than the Rangers with their mighty hitting coach.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
Everything I have ever seen attributed to Greg Walker is up the middle and the other way. I have never once seen anyone legitimate attribute to Greg Walker saying to pull and lift. Personally when the evidence shows that players aren't doing what they are being told to do, I would hold them accountable, but then again that's the way I was raised. I guess in this day and age finding someone else to blame is a pretty common thing.

I guess in this day and age, finding a way to completely dodge the question is a pretty common thing.

Firing Walker probably won't fix this offense. But he clearly isn't getting the job done. If you're a manager in the real world and no one under you is performing well, guess what? Your ass gets canned, too.

As far as Greg Walker preaching up the middle and the other way, if that's the case, the hitters don't ever listen to him so he should still go.

Right now, at best, he's totally ineffective.

f*** this team...

This game was PATHETIC.

What I really don't understand is why AAA Cintron got to bat in the 7th and Thome didn't? It makes no f***ing sense that in situation that you would not want to give yourself a chance to score some runs instead of sending up a sure double play....

Hamels is going to own the f*** out of us tomorrow. We could very easily be swept in this series.

Walker may not be failing, but he certainly isn't helping the situation. Cut the dead weight. Might as well try to find someone that can help the situation. Apparently, things can't get worse with such a move.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
If firing Walker will fix the offense, shouldn't the Sox fire Cooper to fix the bullpen, and fire KW to fix how the roster is put together, and fire Ozzie to fix how games are managed and players are used? I'm all for making changes as much as anyone, but I still don't think how making Walker the scapegoat is going to get this team going. I don't see how its going to make the offense any better. I've seen some of Walker's biggest critics rave about the Rangers hitting coach. The Sox got on base more times last season , hit more homers and struck out less than the Rangers with their mighty hitting coach.

If Greg Walker doesn't deserve to get fired for this mess, then there isn't a single other baseball coach/manager/executive in baseball that deserves to get fired, for anything, ever.

Now I know you can't possibly think that...

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Walker may not be failing, but he certainly isn't helping the situation. Cut the dead weight. Might as well try to find someone that can help the situation. Apparently, things can't get worse with such a move.

I personally think walker should be fired as well.....but god, how awful do i feel for him....look at what he has to work with on that team so far this year....

mackowiak: shouldnt get more than 200 ABs in a season and is suddenly our leadoff hitter

iguchi: language barrier and a singles hitter who Ks way too often --> worthless, especially when he is one pace for only like 7 HR and 13SBs

Konerko: a guy who is prone to more hot and cold streaks than anyone i can remember in recent sox history

Crede: simply just a bad and impatient hitter

Fields: a guy he is basically coaching for the first time

Terrero: career backup/AAAA player

Andy Gonzalez: guy who offensively doesnt' deserve to be higher than single A

Erstad/Pods: worhtless hitters to an offense unless they are getting on and running...which neither have done for a while

Sweeney/Anderson: not ready/not very good

Pablo Ozuna: also a career minor league guy who has managed in 2 years with this team to swing an incredibly magic stick....also is allergic to the BB

that basically leaves Dye, AJ and Thome 2 of which are struggling and Walker has to get alot of the blame for

oh i left off uribe....hes just horrible

QUOTE(GreenSox @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
I don't see how Walker can keep his job. Maybe it isn't his fault (talent isn't the best; organizational philosophy, etcl) - but someone's got to be responsible for the bottom line. Shut out by a mediocre pitcher.

Mediocre doesn't begin to describe Eaton. He had an ERA just shy of 6 coming into today in the god damn NL. This is the guy who shut us down. That is terrible.

"It's like when you have your girlfriend and you are going out and you start kissing her and she says she has to go home because she has school tomorrow morning," Guillen said. "That's what happened [sunday]. I was a little excited because we were getting going good.

the longer i have to listen to stupid quotes from ozzie, the quicker walker needs to be canned. if greg walker isn't fired soon...

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
I guess in this day and age, finding a way to completely dodge the question is a pretty common thing.

Firing Walker probably won't fix this offense. But he clearly isn't getting the job done. If you're a manager in the real world and no one under you is performing well, guess what? Your ass gets canned, too.

As far as Greg Walker preaching up the middle and the other way, if that's the case, the hitters don't ever listen to him so he should still go.

Right now, at best, he's totally ineffective.

You are completely right, I totally missed where you provided proof about Walker's statements in my original question. Could you please post a link to that?

"I still keep positive, but there's no doubt you have to swing the bat. I don't have the answer. You got to ask the hitting coach and players what's going on because I see the same stuff day in and day out. You try to put different stuff and get it going. It gets you a little excited."

Ozzie at chicagosports.com

Haven't seen a quote like this recently, maybe some heat is starting to find its way to Walker? Sorry if this has already been quoted, I haven't read the whole thread recently.

Again, it's what day? June 12th and look at our hitting statistics. Dead last in almost every single category. And not very close to jumping any teams above them. If anything there needs to be a scapegoat. I am certain all 29 teams besides us would have fired their hitting coach by now.

reinsdorf and kenny williams must not want to run a business because they're not very professional at all. greg walker must do special favors behind closed doors because it makes zero sense that he still has a job. i see 0 improvement from the hitters, in fact, i think they're getting worse. CAN HIS BEHIND ALREADY!!! what do we have to do? storm the cell???

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
reinsdorf and kenny williams must not want to run a business because they're not very professional at all. greg walker must do special favors behind closed doors because it makes zero sense that he still has a job. i see 0 improvement from the hitters, in fact, i think they're getting worse. CAN HIS BEHIND ALREADY!!! what do we have to do? storm the cell???

OK now that's so absurd it's just funny.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 03:24 AM)
If Greg Walker doesn't deserve to get fired for this mess, then there isn't a single other baseball coach/manager/executive in baseball that deserves to get fired, for anything, ever.

Great, concise point. It's for this reason that I think it's better that we lose over the next few weeks so that the changes will be made to this team's personnel. I don't blame Walker for this season....but I do want a new hitting coach for next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:32 AM)
Great, concise point. It's for this reason that I think it's better that we lose over the next few weeks so that the changes will be made to this team's personnel. I don't blame Walker for this season....but I do want a new hitting coach for next year.

And I do not want to see anyone promoted from the minors to our new hitting coach. Everyone that comes up, looks lost with long looping swings. WHile other teams prospects come up and make contact at least.