Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

If you have a 360 get Mass Effect.

If you're at the store and they have Mass Effect there....buy it and take it home.

If you don't have a 360, buy one so then you can buy Mass Effect.

My goodness what a game. (If you played the KotORs for XBox.....this is that exact same type of RPG)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any Golf gamers out there? My library has games you can check out(awesome) and I picked up TW 08 for 360 for a weekend, and it was pretty awesome for the most part. My only beef with the game is that Tiger can't drive 350 yards like he can in real life and the 3-click swing is impossible.( you can keep it on analog if you want) It is a visually impressive game, and the gameplay is very good too. What are the best golf games you've played for any system? I really wish I had time to play games more because my classes are very grueling this semester. 3 lab classes :( All of you other dudes in college, how do you have any time to play games? BTW, I played the MLB 2K series for 2 years(unfortunately the only MLB game on 360) and went back a couple months ago to play MVP 2005 for my PS2. I was terribly disappointed, in fact I thought that MLB 06 the show was better than it. What's all the fuss aboot regarding the MVP 2005. Its really not any different than any other baseball game.

QUOTE(Elgin Slim @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
Any Golf gamers out there? My library has games you can check out(awesome) and I picked up TW 08 for 360 for a weekend, and it was pretty awesome for the most part. My only beef with the game is that Tiger can't drive 350 yards like he can in real life and the 3-click swing is impossible.( you can keep it on analog if you want) It is a visually impressive game, and the gameplay is very good too. What are the best golf games you've played for any system? I really wish I had time to play games more because my classes are very grueling this semester. 3 lab classes :( All of you other dudes in college, how do you have any time to play games? BTW, I played the MLB 2K series for 2 years(unfortunately the only MLB game on 360) and went back a couple months ago to play MVP 2005 for my PS2. I was terribly disappointed, in fact I thought that MLB 06 the show was better than it. What's all the fuss aboot regarding the MVP 2005. Its really not any different than any other baseball game.

Hot Shots Golf- any version, any system. To me its the hands down best golf game. It's a "real" simulation mixed with some cartooney features. I never liked Tiger Woods. Everything looked so unrealistic - the size of the ball, the player, the course. I dunno how to describe it, the dimensions always bothered me.

I enjoy both Hotshots and Tiger Woods. Tiger Woods 08 is a lot of fun for PS3, it's got pretty good graphics and the gameplay is fun. There are a few courses that I still don't stand much of a chance on, and I have my golfer's ratings all at the max 110. Some courses I can consistently shoot in the low 50's, and other's I struggle to make par.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 02:14 AM)
Why didn't anyone mention that there is a Diablo 3 coming out?

Wha????

Where did you see that? I've been wanting an announcement about a D3 for years now and despite numerous rumors there has yet to be any substantiated information about that game. If you have a link thatd be great. I really hope that is true.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 07:38 AM)
Wha????

Where did you see that? I've been wanting an announcement about a D3 for years now and despite numerous rumors there has yet to be any substantiated information about that game. If you have a link thatd be great. I really hope that is true.

I wonder if he is referring to Hellgate: London?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
I wonder if he is referring to Hellgate: London?

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Is that not D3?

If so, then I apologize for getting people's hopes up. My friend told me a new D3 was coming out and I just posted it on here on a whim. My apologies.

Is Hellgate: London not D3?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 04:56 AM)
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Is that not D3?

If so, then I apologize for getting people's hopes up. My friend told me a new D3 was coming out and I just posted it on here on a whim. My apologies.

Is Hellgate: London not D3?

Hellgate London is not D3.

The closest thing to D3 was called Titan Quest.

I'm in the minority I'm sure, but the best game I've played in a LONG time on 360 is Assassins Creed. I love this game, and am enjoying it immensely.

Now, keep in mind that I have CoD4 still sitting on my TV unopened, and will get to it eventually, but right now, its all about Assassin's Creed.

14 days until i get the old 360. whee

NBA 2k8, NHL 08, Bioshock... here i come in glorious HD. I don't even need to play Bioshock once to know I'm going to love it.

Gamesradar: 10

Eurogamer: 10

Game Informer: 10

IGN: 9.7

Chuck Norris: 10

Official Xbox Magazine UK: 10

PC Gamer UK: 9.5

PC Zone: 9.6

Gamespy: 10 (5/5)

1UP: 10

Metacritic 9.9

Edited by Steve9347

EGM January:

Reviews:

Galaxy- 9.5, 10, 10

NiGHTS- 7,7.5,7

RE:UC- 7.5,7.5, 6

SC Legends- 6,7, 4.5

TC:NB- 5,4,6

Assassin's Creed- 7,6, 4.5

NCAA Hoops- 2k8 7.5, 7, 7

NCAA March Madness- 6,7.5, 6.5

Rock Band- 9, 9.5, 9

MX vs. ATV- 6, 7, 5

TC4- 3.5, 4, 3.5

Mario Party DS- 6.5, 6.5, 6.5

SOCOM- 6, 6.5 ,6.5

Rumors

Bizarre making the new James Bond game

EA Chicago was making a Guitar Hero inspired action game

Exclusive Front Mission heading to 360, but exclusive Square sequel heading to PS3.

Nintendo cancelled 1st party game because developers wanted to let players customize their Mii's

Need for Speed will fluctuate between realistic and arcade style

THG making action game based on Warhammer toy line

FF:CC Crystal Bearers "appears to be in trouble"

SF IV Info:

-Producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on SF Alpha, SF III, and oversaw Capcom Fighting Revolution

-Ono wants it to be the "second coming" of SF II. Wants it to feel like "homecoming" for SF II fans.

-Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

-The look is not really similiar to the teaser trailer. A "cartoon-shaded style that manages to evoke SF II reimagined in 3d"

- runs in 60FPS

- Gameplay sticking with 2D- Ono wants to "preserve the strategic nature of SF II"

-camera doesn't budge

- Trying to get "as many SFII characters in as possible"

- Takes place after SFII Turbo and before SF III

-Controls are traditional- "in its current early state, the game feels remarkably close to Super SFII Turbo"

- Game is more aggressive- more about attacking than defending. Many of the SF III and Alpha gameplay systems have been scrapped.

- Producer says they haven't decided what platforms or even if there will be an arcade version. Version Shane played was running on a P.C

- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or DS version if "they deem the market suitable"

-Ono not enthusiastic about making it an exclusive- wants to get it out on as many platforms as possible

LEGO Batman 1st details

Wii/PS3/360/P2/PSP/DS

- A ton of Batman's worst enemies escape from Arkham

- can play through the entire story as villains

Catwoman, Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Joker, Harley Quinn, Penguin confirmed

Tecmo Bowl listed as coming for 360/PS3, Summer 08 release date

Next Month

Smash Brothers "blow out'

Previews of: GTA IV, Alan Wake, Killzone 2, FF 13, Wii Fit. Fable 2, Samba Di Amigo, God of War PSP

Reviews: DMC4, NFL Tour, Endless Ocean, Burnout, Rygar

I got to play the Wii for the first time this weekend and now I want one more than ever. MLB Power Pros was really fun, but didnt really use the Wii controller to its abilities. The bowling and tennis were a blast though. RAW vs Smackdown was just a mass of confusion and wild flailing that didnt really explain how things were done, but the graphics, intros, crowds, and look of the game were all great

sooooooo i just popped in madden 04 (vick cover) for the ps2 and had a blast. That game is way better than any of the newer games. The graphics are worse (not by much though), but the smoothness of the gameplay is incredible.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
sooooooo i just popped in madden 04 (vick cover) for the ps2 and had a blast. That game is way better than any of the newer games. The graphics are worse (not by much though), but the smoothness of the gameplay is incredible.

I do the same thing sometimes. I have NCAA 05 and play it a lot still.

Is there a website that lists all the songs for each Guitar Hero?