Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just played it. It's a lot more difficult than last year's game and the level of control you have in dribbling is pretty cool.

That said, nothing beats playing with MJ. In the game they initially start you off with, I dropped 30 some points with him with 5 minute quarters. He scored more than half of my points.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
I don't even like basketball video games, but all of those ridiculous squads from my childhood make me want to buy this one.

The old school sonics team with gary payton, shawn kemp, schrempf, hersey hawkins, and my all time fav. Sam Perkins, make me smile :) love this game so far. and the dribbling is ridiculous if you have a guy with great ballhandling skills.. im currently trying to take every starting point guard in the nba to school with D. Rose. His handles are amazing in this.

Picked it up earlier and am loving the game so far. It's been a challenge getting used to the controls after playing NBA Live forever. I don't like having the moves on the left stick but I'm sure I will get used to it. Haven't even started screwing around with the shot stick. Just took it to Lebron one on one with MJ though.

the first thing i was reminded of when playing as MJ in this game, was back in the day on the old school NBA live games when i would create MJ on the bulls and give him max attributes :) i would of never imagined back in 96' that MJ would be in the game for real in the year 2010 :)

Oh wow, going into practice mode and learning the new nooks and crannies of this game has helped a TON! The new ISO-motion stick is awesome when you begin to grasp it. Now I can get the A.I. out of position more often than not and drive the lane a bit easier or just take the open Jumper.

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
the first thing i was reminded of when playing as MJ in this game, was back in the day on the old school NBA live games when i would create MJ on the bulls and give him max attributes :) i would of never imagined back in 96' that MJ would be in the game for real in the year 2010 :)

I think we all did this.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)

Yeah, that was better than sticking with Roster Player or whatever they called him. Jordan means I'll probably buy this once I get tired of FIFA.

As a minor complaint, does anyone else think it doesn't really look like Jordan?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
I'll probably end up getting 2k11 since NBA Jam is sold separate.

For those who made the Live to 2k jump, are the controls hard to adapt too?

It's not too bad. I used to play Live online at a pretty high level and I have no where near the control I did in that game yet but after two days of playing I'm starting to not make control related mistakes. I have a long way to go on mastering a lot of the moves. Still really can't drive like I'm used to.

The only thing I don't like about 2K11 is that there's so many turnovers on passes.

Sure, you should be turning the ball over if you air it across the court, but on a fast break, it's so frustrating to have your pass batted in the air because you accidentally passed to the wrong guy who was too far ahead or something.

Finally played PES 11 today. There's roster patches for the PC version, so it almost puts it on par with FIFA.

I have to say, the game is ALOT more fun than FIFA and the gameplay is vastly improved over PES 10. It has just the right blend of tactics and straight up blazing with the ball up and down the field. FIFA is far too much passing around and it gets boring after a while.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Finally played PES 11 today. There's roster patches for the PC version, so it almost puts it on par with FIFA.

I have to say, the game is ALOT more fun than FIFA and the gameplay is vastly improved over PES 10. It has just the right blend of tactics and straight up blazing with the ball up and down the field. FIFA is far too much passing around and it gets boring after a while.

ive been a big PES supporter for a while but lately it has let me down.. the good reviews for this years version are promising.. and on PS3 you can download patches as well to get all the premier league unis in the game and all that jazz. FIFA 11 is a great game and a pretty good sim at that.. i always liked PES for its arcadey qualities.. much easier to pick up and play and have fun with.. is john champion still the commentator? i love how excited he gets over the games. all that being said looks like ill have 2 "soccer" games this year :headbang

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
ive been a big PES supporter for a while but lately it has let me down.. the good reviews for this years version are promising.. and on PS3 you can download patches as well to get all the premier league unis in the game and all that jazz. FIFA 11 is a great game and a pretty good sim at that.. i always liked PES for its arcadey qualities.. much easier to pick up and play and have fun with.. is john champion still the commentator? i love how excited he gets over the games. all that being said looks like ill have 2 "soccer" games this year :headbang

Yeah, John Champion is doing the commentary still.

Last year's PES was an improvement, but it was too arcade-like. This one brings some of FIFA's qualities (like a passing system with a meter) and blends it with the arcade gameplay of last year's game.

I scored an awesome goal with Xavi today. Iniesta kicked a pass/lob near the middle of the box and Xavi slid and hit the corner of the net. You don't get that in FIFA much.

Thing is, PES still lacks a lot of the tricks and modifiers you can do in FIFA.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
Thing is, PES still lacks a lot of the tricks and modifiers you can do in FIFA.

if thats the only thing it lacks then i know ill enjoy PES more than Fifa :) the tricks never even worked for me against the A.I. in Fifa, they would just snuff it out every single time.. i checked operation sports and it looks like they already have option files for PS3 that update all the uniforms including the real premier league ones, and updates a lot of the faces in the game :headbang

/halt PS3 and Xbox 360 talk

I just finished getting all 241 stars for Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. It was my paternity leave mission, and I accomplished it with 4 days till it ends.

/resume PS3 and Xbox 360 talk

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
if thats the only thing it lacks then i know ill enjoy PES more than Fifa :) the tricks never even worked for me against the A.I. in Fifa, they would just snuff it out every single time.. i checked operation sports and it looks like they already have option files for PS3 that update all the uniforms including the real premier league ones, and updates a lot of the faces in the game :headbang

Would they have updates for FIFA 09???

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
Yeah, that was better than sticking with Roster Player or whatever they called him. Jordan means I'll probably buy this once I get tired of FIFA.

As a minor complaint, does anyone else think it doesn't really look like Jordan?

Haven't seen it, but I'd imagine that since he was involved, he let them use his likeness. But, you've played it, so you've had a better look at it.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
Would they have updates for FIFA 09???

I dont believe so.. PES has a specific system for the users that are competent in editing game files to import new uniforms and player faces and team logos etc.. its called the "option file" system.. operation sports forums always have new updates so that the whole non-licensing issue with PES becomes non-existant as all the teams in the game are properly represented.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
How do you play low post in 2k11? Like when I get Boozer down low, how do I get him to put his ass to the basket, back it in and play the low post game?

hold LT and RT to get in position to back that thang up once you have the ball

I am completely bored with all of my games so I bought Bioshock from the games on demand section and man, that game is freakin awesome.. I am ashamed I had never gave it a try before..

I feel like im about to beat it since ive been playing the s*** out of it, and will most certainly be going to get Bioshock 2 to hold me over until Black Ops

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 03:09 AM)
I am completely bored with all of my games so I bought Bioshock from the games on demand section and man, that game is freakin awesome.. I am ashamed I had never gave it a try before..

I feel like im about to beat it since ive been playing the s*** out of it, and will most certainly be going to get Bioshock 2 to hold me over until Black Ops

I liked the story better in Bioshock 1, but I like the gameplay and over all game better in Bioshock 2.

The spear gun with rocket spear ammo is worth it alone.