White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)

briguy27

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the next few games will prove if they are out of their slump, or was 3 games just an abberation.

We face shields who has a plus changeup, throws it alot and likes to paint the outside corner with his fastball to setup his changeup. Think Radke versus the sox.

We face a crappy pitcher we should bomb into the atmosphere tomorrow.

Then Kazmir, a top lefty.

Then Johan, which we might as well forfeit the game.

Then Boof.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 25, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
Well the next few games will prove if they are out of their slump, or was 3 games just an abberation.

We face shields who has a plus changeup, throws it alot and likes to paint the outside corner with his fastball to setup his changeup. Think Radke versus the sox.

We face a crappy pitcher we should bomb into the atmosphere tomorrow.

Then Kazmir, a top lefty.

Then Johan, which we might as well forfeit the game.

Then Boof.

But Toby Hall, the savior against LHP is back.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ May 25, 2007 -> 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
70's night at the Cell tonight, anybody know if we are wearing throwbacks??

i am 95 percent sure they WILL NOT be wearing the throwbacks. they did this last year when i was in attendance vs baltimore, and all they did was hand out red hats

i will be going tonight also

Lets hope that we get to Shields early, I don't want to see another loss for what we pay for our seats.

Lets also hope we don't acquire this guy in the off-season and have KW say, "Cooper can fix this guy." If we do, I'll be all over SoxFest and asking him, "How many projects do we need to have, Kenny, for you to stop this insanity?"

Edited by Beastly

Yikes, Shields very good on the road with an ERA of 1.88 and opponents hitting .144 against him.

Judging by his splits most damage is done against him on the first pitch or early in the count.

QUOTE(Straycats @ May 25, 2007 -> 05:24 PM)
no Konerko tonight due to a death in his family

Dang....what is going on with the player's families this year? This is crazy. Prayers go out to the Konerko family.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
It seems impossible to get all of our guys in the lineup together.

...waiting for your lineup prediction with Konerko now out. If Crede is out, we're going to be starting three bench players. Uck.

Per Reifert:

Tonight's Lineup

Erstad, 1B; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Mack, LF; Uribe, SS; Terrero, CF. Buehrle pitching and going for his 100th career victory.

Let's hope this lineup can get to Shields, who has been pretty damn impressive...

Edited by chisox72

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 25, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
...waiting for your lineup prediction with Konerko now out. If Crede is out, we're going to be starting three bench players. Uck.

Prediction is:

Erstad (1b), Cintron (2b), Thome, Dye, AJP, Crede, Mackowiak, Uribe, Terrero

I didn't like our chances tonight even prior to PK being out of the lineup.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ May 25, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
Piece of s*** Dukes is getting the start in CF today for the Rays according to yahoo.

I hope Ozzie doesn't try to be the patroller of baseball and decide to plunk him like he did Delmon Young last year.