White Sox Loser

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic.

A special thanks to Ozzie for making sure he at least put the bat in his best hitters hands in a game we couldn't muster s*** up. Great managing sending Cintron up to pinch hit.

Edited by chisox72

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
I didn't watch the whole game, but I didn't see Vaz get "lit up" any time during this game....

Im talking about in the past, mainly last season.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
5 hits, no runs against a team that gave up 17 runs yesterday including 11 runs by the pen.

Against Kansas City no less.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Rick Sutcliffe was talking about Vazquez tipping his pitches tonight, and he's right. Could be a big reason why he always gets lit up the 3rd time through.

No sutcliffe was talking about Vazquez doing something with his head/balance point in relation to his record. I believe his thesis was that Vazquez' numbers were good, but he didn't win a lot of games because of his head/balance point issue.

Sut made no mention of run support, because the only stat that matters is W, and clearly Vazquez isn't good at getting his offense to score more runs.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
No sutcliffe was talking about Vazquez doing something with his head/balance point in relation to his record. I believe his thesis was that Vazquez' numbers were good, but he didn't win a lot of games because of his head/balance point issue.

Sut made no mention of run support, because the only stat that matters is W, and clearly Vazquez isn't good at getting his offense to score more runs.

He was talking about how when JV throws to the first base side of home plate he kind of tips his head that way, and when he throws to the other side of the plate he doesn't.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 01:50 AM)
5 hits, no runs against a team that gave up 17 runs yesterday including 11 runs by the pen.

Thome out of the lineup, Pods, Erstad and Crede all injured. Perfect storm. What else can you do but tip your cap to the guy with the 6.00 ERA, Adam Eaton. Boy, don't look at the stat sheet, he's going to be a 25 game winner this year.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)

Did you even watch the game?

The whole point of Sutcliffe's analysis of Vazquez is, He rocks his head back when he's coming inside and keeps it straight if he's going outside. His thesis was that because of this he gets hit hard after the third time around.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 02:00 AM)
Thome didn't even get on base tonight! :o

Thome should have been brought in when Uribe had two guys on in the 6th, I believe. You have to make sure you use your best weapon in a situation where he can do damage.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Thome should have been brought in when Uribe had two guys on in the 6th, I believe. You have to make sure you use your best weapon in a situation where he can do damage.

The only problem with that was they would have went to Zagurski, and we know how Thome does against lefties. I had no problem with saving him.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 02:04 AM)
The only problem with that was they would have went to Zagurski, and we know how Thome does against lefties. I had no problem with saving him.

I highly doubt they would have pulled Eaton in the 6th inning.