White Sox Loser

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
Word has relayed thru WSI and from the score that Crede is having back surgery tomorrow. Me thinks we've seen the last of Joe in a Sox uniform.

They just annouced it on the PFB show. f*** you Boras.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 02:09 AM)
They just annouced it on the PFB show. f*** you Boras.

Another mistake by KW last offseason. Once he declined the surgery, he should have been traded. KW had to know he'd never sign him to a big deal with his lingering back issue.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
I heard we're facing someone named Cole Hamels.

He's bad, right?

How does he compare with pitchers in our organizaton?

Greg Walker probably told his team not to bring bats the ballpark tomorrow, because whats the point.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
Word has relayed thru WSI and from the score that Crede is having back surgery tomorrow. Me thinks we've seen the last of Joe in a Sox uniform.

Awesome.

Not only will he leave this organization without compensation, but it's obvious his trade value is nonexistent. Considering Fields would have replaced him next season, there's one less trading chip.

Williams needs to receive huge huals for any players dealt. Young talent needs to be injected into our system somehow.

QUOTE(S(Pride)X @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
He said that if he leans to the left he pitches to the first base side and if he stands straight it goes to the 3rd base side.

Not going to lay this anywhere but the offense, BUT --

When I turned on the game in the 6th, it was 2-0 and the Phils were up. There was one out. I flipped over to the Sopranos, confident that Vazquez would give up another run in THAT INNING. Because he's about a 4.5 ERA guy, with no brains, and no heart. (And $11 million per year.) He can't possibly pitch 6 innings and not give up 3 runs. Can't do it.

Sure enough, after watching Paulie Walnuts get promoted to head of the Cifaretto crew, I turned back to see that Javier had given up his magical 3rd run in 6 innings or less.

Like death and taxes and, oh, mediocrity: ladies and gentlemen, our pal, Javier Vazquez!

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
What is PFB Show?

Rongey. The pink Fuzzy Bunny show.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
So get used to Fields.

Walker better work his magic and fix him. I want to see something that the greatest hitting coach in baseball can fix.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
Another mistake by KW last offseason. Once he declined the surgery, he should have been traded. KW had to know he'd never sign him to a big deal with his lingering back issue.

Here's a rarity for me lately: I'm going to defend Kenny Williams. I have no idea what, if anything, he was offered for Crede. But, as a general idea, I was in favor of holding onto Joe. He's one of those core guys -- gritty, very good defender, outstanding in the clutch, and seemingly key to the makeup of this team when it's been at its best. Just a hunch, but I think that he was worth more to us than what we could've gotten in trade, especially because his back condition -- not the extent of it but certainly the possibility of how bad it could be -- was pretty well known.

I feel the same way about Buehrle, by the way. He's a White Sox.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
Like death and taxes and, oh, mediocrity: ladies and gentlemen, our pal, Javier Vazquez!

Puhlease...blame Vazquez!....brilliant. Vazquez is FAR from the problem with this team.

Kenny should be officially on notice. How he's handled everything from the minor league system, the outfield, Crede...he's actually making Jerry Krause look not too shabby.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Not trading Crede officially moves to #1 on the "things that will be mentioned as to why KW was fired" list, whenever that happens.

And f*** him for not realizing this team would hit .235 in the first part of June.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Not trading Crede officially moves to #1 on the "things that will be mentioned as to why KW was fired" list, whenever that happens.

I'm hoping somewhere up on that list won't be "receiving nothing useful for Buehrle"

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
Here's a rarity for me lately: I'm going to defend Kenny Williams. I have no idea what, if anything, he was offered for Crede. But, as a general idea, I was in favor of holding onto Joe. He's one of those core guys -- gritty, very good defender, outstanding in the clutch, and seemingly key to the makeup of this team when it's been at its best. Just a hunch, but I think that he was worth more to us than what we could've gotten in trade, especially because his back condition -- not the extent of it but certainly the possibility of how bad it could be -- was pretty well known.

I feel the same way about Buehrle, by the way. He's a White Sox.

There is no comparison between the 2. Buehrle was a good pitcher coming off a career bad year, Crede is a bad hitter coming off a career good year, with back problems, and our top prospect behind him, plus a crazy agent.