And that's a white sox loser

NYSox35

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
Yeah, I have a hard time bringing myself to watch the games.

This team just isn't any fun to watch. I'd say it's time to give up on this year and make any deals we can to get some young talent.

i agree for the most part, but josh fields has been fun to watch the past week or so.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
Well at this rate it looks like we will get a top 10 pick even though our scouting department would tank it on another note how empty will the cell be this week against the Marlins and on another note the Bears released the training camp scheudule.

I am curious, I know it's unlikely, but would people going to these games actually boo the Sox when they take the field that night? Or at least people that aren't performing? I think we'll get at least 25,000 this week, I'll be in attendance on Tuesday evening for my girlfriends birthday present to me.

10.5 games out of the division lead, 9.5 games out of the wild card lead with severn teams to jump.

Fourth worst record in the entire league.

Last in runs. Last in batting average. Last in OPS. Bullpen ERA tied with Tampa Bay for worst overall.

All you can hope for at this juncture in the season is for Buehrle to continue pitching well and Dye to immediately heat up. Williams, without question, needs a stellar package for atleast one player to suppliment the farm system with high-upside prospects. And for anyone who is ready to provide excuses for anything less than an immediate "win" for the White Sox, I'm not willing to accept it. Neither should anyone else. Our future depends upon it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
Pods and Erstad were performing poorly when they went down? Jeez, what the hell was I watching?

Get out of the 80's, and get to know the meaning of OPS...

...Or else go join Sox management.

Edited by TheHolyBovine

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
Fields is fun to watch and I can't call the loss pathetic based on the offense, rather based on the absolute stupid baserunning and defense. Nice play by Bay to rob Thome of the go ahead homer.

Whats the adage? Never make the first out or the last out at third base? The White Sox managed to make BOTH the first and third outs at 3B in the second inning. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

When things go bad for these guys, they go very very bad.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
Get out of the 80's, and get to know the meaning of OPS...

...Or else go join Sox management.

So if you aren't a stat geek, you are clueless? Go hang will Bill James.

Hmm, looking ahead at Buehrle's next projected start against the Cubs at home, I wouldn't be surprised if it were his last in a White Sox uniform.

If I were Williams, I'd be looking to trade Buehrle at peak value. If he were to remain on the ballclub, the next several starts after this weekend would be against Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Minnesota. Not exactly an impossible set of opponents, but there's the possibility Buehrle's number begin to inflate against American League teams.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
All you can hope for at this juncture in the season is for Buehrle to continue pitching well and Dye to immediately heat up. Williams, without question, needs a stellar package for atleast one player to suppliment the farm system with high-upside prospects. And for anyone who is ready to provide excuses for anything less than an immediate "win" for the White Sox, I'm not willing to accept it. Neither should anyone else. Our future depends upon it.

This was actually a pretty perfect weekend, trade and future wise, for the Sox. Fields was awesome at the plate, Dye is heating up a bit and Buehrle continues to pitch very well.

And yeah, I don't really get pissed anymore -- I root hard every time Fields is at the plate to get a hit, and every time Boone Logan pitches, but other than that... It's very different, that's for sure.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
How many more times is Ozzie going to say that if the players think losing is OK they are playing for the wrong GM and wrong manager, before the GM and manager actually do something about it?

At this point, it's on Kenny to move them. Ozzie can't do it alone.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 06:54 PM)
Javy struck out 8 in 6 innings. Man, he's good. Only gave up 5 runs. I'm glad the Sox gave him an immovable contract through 2010.

c'mon, the contract isnt that bad. look at what the going rate is for pitching. hell vazquez is better than the crap the cubs paid a ton of cash for last off season. plus, he takes the ball every 5th day.

Vazquez has so much talent, but averages something like a homer allowed every 3 or 4 innings.

We don't need a firesale as everyone is calling for - what we need are good relievers in the bullpen. Now that may mean some folks get traded, but we aren't any worse off as far as games behind as the Yankees were/are. I guess maybe I can see Dye, McDougal and another releiver getting traded, but it better be for relief help and maybe Adam Dunn. We will be getting Erstand and Pods back soon. There may be some spark added to this club. Don't abandon ship yet.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Vazquez has so much talent, but averages something like a homer allowed every 3 or 4 innings.

We don't need a firesale as everyone is calling for - what we need are good relievers in the bullpen. Now that may mean some folks get traded, but we aren't any worse off as far as games behind as the Yankees were/are. I guess maybe I can see Dye, McDougal and another releiver getting traded, but it better be for relief help and maybe Adam Dunn. We will be getting Erstand and Pods back soon. There may be some spark added to this club. Don't abandon ship yet.

LMAO I guess the Royals should pick up a few relievers and Adam Dunn as well, because our record is just about the same. Except they hit the ball a lot better than we do.

Edited by southsideirish71