Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:50 AM)
Doubt it. He has lips on his latex mask. That's nipples on Batman-level bad.

It will be Van Helsing-bad.

And my prediction is........ so will Star Trek.

I sincerely doubt JJ Abrams messes this up. Steve Sommers on the other hand, I have no doubt will screw up GI Joe

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 02:35 AM)
At least the vampires were hot in Van Helsing!

Star Trek remake conjures up images of the Dumb and Dumber remake with younger actors....or Dukes of Hazzard.

I think Starship Troopers even beats those.

Starships Troopers was awesome, but its not meant to be taken seriously. Dukes of Hazzard and Dumb and Dumber arent even going to be in the same paragraph as this Star Trek when all is said and done. Star Trek isnt a comedy spoof

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the rant this morning on the radio and during it Bale was basically saying that the guy was a "good guy" just completely "unprofessional."

I actually think Bale balling him out was better than Bale telling the director to fire him, because the guy still got to keep his job and maybe will learn from this mistake.

(It seems pretty obvious that if the scene is rolling people shouldnt be screwing around in the actors line of sight.)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration.

I didn't know a Terminator movie was capable of this. Christian Bale is as much a hack as the DP and people need to get off his wiener. He's an actor, nothing more.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
I didn't know a Terminator movie was capable of this.

Man, as a kid... when Eddie Furlong slowly lowered Arnold into the hotness and the ol' thumbs up... that's f***ing emotion MAN!

terminator2thumbsup.jpg

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
His mom was asking for it too, talking about his wife like that. <_>

if you werent close with your mom and she talked sh** about your wife, you wouldnt get angry? I know I would

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
I just saw a (bootlegged)teaser trailer for Tron 2 from a Comic-Con. I think it might be really cool.

I saw that trailer last year, but when I found out it was the only footage yet created I doubted the film would ever go into production. Only today and yesterday did I start seeing proof to convince me they are moving forward on it.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
I saw that trailer last year, but when I found out it was the only footage yet created I doubted the film would ever go into production. Only today and yesterday did I start seeing proof to convince me they are moving forward on it.

this is what I read about it

Lots of beeps but fairly SFW.

If anyone has the time, and is interested in under appreciated horror movies, watch The Prince on Darkness. It's available OnDemand, under Free Movies/FearNet.

What a movie. It made me further appreciate the role of John Carpenter in the Horror/Action genre.

Rescue Dawn, The Machinist, Harsh Times, and The Prestige were all really good roles. He's in the upper echelon of actors, it isn't right to say he isn't a good actor. Overrated is a better word to use. He's only 34, and his best role is probably ahead of him.

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 12:35 AM)
At least the vampires were hot in Van Helsing!

Star Trek remake conjures up images of the Dumb and Dumber remake with younger actors....or Dukes of Hazzard.

I think Starship Troopers even beats those.

It looks like the Starsky and Hutch remake. I mean, the story might be okay, but with those ridiculous 60s-era costumes? LAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!