Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
Ya, they have it now so that if you apply by the early admission deadline which was like November something, you get automatically notified on December 14th.

What's crazier you being a senior or the toddler of the board (me) going to college? :o

I feel older than all you bastards!

I don't know WH, I knew you we're younger than most, but I'm surprised. It's like I don't know you at all!

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
29 and a 4.1. Our scale grants a whole extra point for honors classes, but technically it's still out of 4.0.

I'm an economics major so I know all about the business stuff.

My little brother applied to U of I as well, engineering, I hope he gets in.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)

IT'S WHIPLASH

and this whole notification day thing, and having to go into a school right away...um yeeeeeahhhh, I kinda just came here and got to dick around for a while, it was pretty freakin easy getting in. That's why USD rox your sox

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
29 and a 4.1. Our scale grants a whole extra point for honors classes, but technically it's still out of 4.0.

If your class rank is top 10%, which I imagine with that GPA it would have to be, I would be planning the party. Congrats :headbang

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)
The roommate girlfriend stuff got interesting. They broke up last night. I get a text at 3 AM saying "I love you. Don't tell {my roommate}."

It's like high school all over again!

but with sex

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 09:10 AM)
The roommate girlfriend stuff got interesting. They broke up last night. I get a text at 3 AM saying "I love you. Don't tell {my roommate}."

Wow, that's one hell of a situation to be in! Good Luck with that!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 09:10 AM)

This girl is all kinds of trouble, I hope for 2 things:

1. she is worth it

2. you arent that great of friends with your roomate

I did the "she likes you she likes me" deal sophomore year. It wasnt fun for anyone involved, and nobody really ended up friends afterwards

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
This girl is all kinds of trouble, I hope for 2 things:

1. she is worth it

2. you arent that great of friends with your roomate

I did the "she likes you she likes me" deal sophomore year. It wasnt fun for anyone involved, and nobody really ended up friends afterwards

I really care for her, but if push comes to shove, I'm siding with my roommate. They're hanging out right now, and I'm doing all I can (that they want) to help them.

I'm trying to help and stay out of it at the same time, which pretty much consists of listening to her, because the issue is that she wants to open up, he doesn't. She said they broke up, but they aren't telling anyone yet. Apparently his complaint was that she was going too fast, which did make me laugh, as they went out for dinner for the first time after 3 weeks in a relationship.

I dunno. You old farts probably miss this stuff.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
I'm s***ting my pants in anticipation of the U of I notification day. December 14th. Ahhhhhh

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
I'm going into Business, which I'm really iffy for for UofI. So needless to say, I'm very nervous about getting in. I f I do though, I'm pretty sure I'm going there with an outside chance of Loyola.

Wow, I am totally in that situation also. I really hope I get into the Business school, and good luck to you both. Hopefully all three of us get in (plus whoever else is applying from this site!)

I must say its a relief to hear back from schools so that you atleast know where you can go

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
Any chance you can switch rooms? (Wouldn't have the slightest idea of what rules there are of living in a dorm etc.)

We have an apartment, and nothing should come to anything changing that.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
I dunno. You old farts probably miss this stuff.

Not this old fart.

I've already told my wife (and anyone else who'll listen) that if anything ever happened to my marriage I'll never date again.

I do NOT need that s*** ever again.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
I really care for her, but if push comes to shove, I'm siding with my roommate.

In this situation, this statement is an oxymoron.

When does push move to shove, and what decides that?

Im guessing your roomate doesnt know about the texting and the girls confessions to you of love, but tell me, what do you think he would say if he did know? And how about if he says something to hurt her in a fight or whatever and she says something to hurt him back like "Yeah, well I like him and he knows it and we have been texting each other for a while now behind your back." Then you are sucked in and EVERYONE is pissed.

If he is your boy, you better be upfront right away and let him know whats going on

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
Not this old fart.

I've already told my wife (and anyone else who'll listen) that if anything ever happened to my marriage I'll never date again.

I do NOT need that s*** ever again.

Couldn't agree with you more. Dating sucked. Mind games. No thank you.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
In this situation, this statement is an oxymoron.

When does push move to shove, and what decides that?

Im guessing your roomate doesnt know about the texting and the girls confessions to you of love, but tell me, what do you think he would say if he did know? And how about if he says something to hurt her in a fight or whatever and she says something to hurt him back like "Yeah, well I like him and he knows it and we have been texting each other for a while now behind your back." Then you are sucked in and EVERYONE is pissed.

If he is your boy, you better be upfront right away and let him know whats going on

You've got a point. He knows we text back and forth all the time, but I'm basically saying I wouldn't let anything progress. I dunno, it's messy and complicated. I'm really trying to stay on the up and up with this.

I also don't know if she knew what she was saying last night. I'm giving them their distance. They need to work on things right now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
Heads, if a girl likes you, go for it. It might never happen again. ;)

You're a towel.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 11:03 AM)
You've got a point. He knows we text back and forth all the time, but I'm basically saying I wouldn't let anything progress. I dunno, it's messy and complicated. I'm really trying to stay on the up and up with this.

I also don't know if she knew what she was saying last night. I'm giving them their distance.

You're a towel.

I suppose that would be something you would need to find out for sure before you do ANYTHING here.

Maybe she's just on the rebound, I don't know, I wouldn't be taking advice from someone halfway across the world anyway about this. :lol:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
I suppose that would be something you would need to find out for sure before you do ANYTHING here.

Maybe she's just on the rebound, I don't know, I wouldn't be taking advice from someone halfway across the world anyway about this. :lol:

And that's why I'm not doing anything right now. She sent me that text a 3 AM last nite. I'll talk to her later tonight, as well as my roommate.