2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just more pathetic managing by the Astros. Why don't you run Bruntlett there to avoid the SB? Kendall can't throw out anyone. Once again, a horrible umpiring call leads to a Cubs win, as the Pence call cost the Astros a run. I hate this f***ing baseball season so much.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
Brandon Webb has now given up 18 runs over his last 32 innings. Needless to say, we all need him to get back on track if the DBacks want to be considered the favorites if the play the Cubs in the NLDS.

There is some correlation between Webb running the bases and the pitching the next inning. Both times he ran the bases tonight he gave up 2 runs the following inning (for his 4 total in 7 innings. The other 5 innings the Giants managed only a bunt single.

The 6 runs he gave up in SD both occurred after he had hustle (1 hit) down to first.

I think if I were Melvin I would tell Webb take 3 strikes and head back to the dugout.

MIAMI, Sept. 12 -- There were so few fans at Dolphin Stadium for Wednesday's game, a season ticket holder got thrown out for heckling the umpire too loudly.

In the fifth inning of the Florida Marlins' 5-4 victory over the Washington Nationals, home plate umpire Paul Schreiber gave the thumb to an unnamed man seated behind the plate who had been verbally abusive throughout the contest.

The man was so loud, and the atmosphere so quiet, the fan could be heard saying "you don't make more than me" on the television broadcast as he was forced to leave. There were no more than about 400 fans in attendance at the game's peak.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091202444.html

:lolhitting

A picture from the game:

7ae9ea3b-3c9d-44c3-9be7-c169fa15e21a.jpg

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 01:18 AM)
Every team benefited. And if you're making specific allegations, you should follow up.

All you have to do is look at the power numbers for guys like Javy Lopez, Richard Hidalgo, Morgan Ensberg, etc. I'm not saying those guys were on steroids/HGH.....but it's very, very suspicious.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
All you have to do is look at the power numbers for guys like Javy Lopez, Richard Hidalgo, Morgan Ensberg, etc. I'm not saying those guys were on steroids/HGH.....but it's very, very suspicious.

Just making sure you weren't talking about Schuerholz.

Has Berkman been as bad as he's looked everytime I see him this year?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)
Just making sure you weren't talking about Schuerholz.

Has Berkman been as bad as he's looked everytime I see him this year?

Nope, he was actually on a great run a few weeks ago. He's been beyond bad against the Cubs this year though.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
Great start from Ian Kennedy tonight. Votto continues to mash the ball as well.

But......but.....but. I thought prospects were supposed to struggle immediately out of the gate? Oh yeah, that only applies to ours.

I believe Jason and I both wanted Kennedy, but we won too many games. Shant be a problem next year.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
Great start from Ian Kennedy tonight. Votto continues to mash the ball as well.

But......but.....but. I thought prospects were supposed to struggle immediately out of the gate? Oh yeah, that only applies to ours.

.385 2 HR 9 RBI .429/.731/1.160 28 PAs - Josh Fields, his 2nd week in the majors this year.

That's a bigger sample size than Votto.

Flash, we see eye to eye on everything, but quit exaggerating. I know it's fun, but seriously, you are going to wonder why the Sox prospects can't produce right away and then compare it to a week's worth of games? Why aren't you b****ing about Mike Morse anymore?

just trying to put things in perspective here, nothing more

I also have hopes for a few arms within the organization. Gio should be fairly solid, albeit erratic at times next year, Egbert should be a solid 3-4, and DLS looks like a top of the rotation arm. Why some of them aren't in the majors, I'm not sure; I understand KW believes they've been mediocre, but I saw no reason why Bourgeois shouldn't be up; really, that one was the only move that irked me quite a bit. I wanted to see what Russell could do in the bullpen, but that obviously fell through.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
God I hate the Brewers.

Sheets is obviously struggling with that finger, as nearly every pitch he's thrown in his last three starts has been up in the zone. It wouldn't shock me if they shut him down after tonight. That team is just so washed up, and I really hope they fire Yost after this year.