College Move In...

SoxFan1

Haha yah not having the syllabus is a b****, but thats why they created "going to class randomly on the third week of school and asking a strange for a copy of the syllabus day", by that time no one will really think you havent been to class for 3 weeks and will believe your "I was out studying and must of lost it in the library".

;)

1 class in college I went to 1 time, for papers I would show up at the end of class as it was being dismissed and sneak in as people were leaving and go to the front to turn in my paper cause they always collected them at the end of class.

My roomate is going back to school this year (haha its classic too because hes going back to Wisconsin just like the Rodney Dangerfield movie, except hes only in his mid 20s), so Im jealous as hell of him because while I work my lame 9-5 job hes going to be living the sweet life again.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
My roomate is going back to school this year (haha its classic too because hes going back to Wisconsin just like the Rodney Dangerfield movie, except hes only in his mid 20s), so Im jealous as hell of him because while I work my lame 9-5 job hes going to be living the sweet life again.

I feel sorry for him.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
Now that, my friend, is one hell of an answer. :notworthy

I thought you'd like that. We're using the figure that out when it comes way. I'm sure someone will just offer to buy it, maybe we'll sell it, maybe I'll have you buy it for me :P , who knows. I'm not too worried about it right now.

BTW, my step brother bought the exact same tv as you.

Did everybody start this week? I know UofI doesn't start till the 27th, and we (Marquette) don't start to the 27th.

Sort of sucks that I have to live in a dorm this year, but I'll make do. At this point I just want to get to Friday -- I'm all alone :sadface.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)
Did everybody start this week? I know UofI doesn't start till the 27th, and we (Marquette) don't start to the 27th.

Sort of sucks that I have to live in a dorm this year, but I'll make do. At this point I just want to get to Friday -- I'm all alone :sadface.

I don't start until September 4th.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
I don't drink, though.

Just wait until finals week :P

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 09:33 PM)

IU doesn't start until next Monday either.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)

NIU is the 27th as well. At least I only have class Tue-Thu :headbang

I am a bit older and went to college in the city and commuted. I do have to say, not going away was probably the biggest mistake I ever made. I missed the whole "college" experience. I went to class, went to work, came home and did the same thing the next day. I am not just talking about the partying and all that. I have done more than my fair share of crazy/stupid partying. There is a maturing and growing experince that I did not have until years later when I moved out of my parents' house. I know the big university out in the corn somewhere isn't for everyone, but you get one shot in your life to have that experience, and I missed it. Oh well, it's many years later and life turned out just fine, just would've like to have done it differently.

(Cue Glory Days music)

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
Well, I start classes tomorrow with an awfully long day. Start at 12:20 and go till 4:25 nonstop. Then, I have a class from 5:45-8:35. That's 7 hours of class in one day... Ugh.

Damn man, get that schedule changed. My worst days this semester are Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday I go 9:00-12:00 with a 45 minute break and then 2:25-3:40, and Thursday I go 11:00-12:00, 2:00-3:00 and 5:30-7:00. Monday, Tuesday and Friday it's two classes a day.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 08:35 AM)
I've got Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes at 9:00, 11:00 and 3:00. All 50 minute periods. I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday at 8:00-9:40, 1:30-2:45 and 3:00-4:15. So it's not that bad at all.

You actually like having all those breaks between classes?