2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 04:02 AM)
You'd need to deal one of Hinrich and Duhon most likely though (does Duhon have an ending deal, because then it could work).

If the Bulls had lost confidence in JamesOn Curry after his latest runin with the law, dealing for a backup PG like Lowry might work. It's worth noting though that he's making only $1 million this season, so his cap hit isn't big and if you wanted to try doing Duhon straight up for him, you couldn't, the Grizz would have to include more money.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the bay area and sac area on the radio they are saying ron artest is saying to trade him or sign him long term. The people who are said to have the most interest is golden state,NY knicks and possibly LA,houston.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
Bulls have interest in Lowry on the Grizzlies, according to Broussard

and the Knicks wanted to trade Curry and Jerome James(who is getting a lot of money in the next 2 seasons) for Ron Artest ... I just wonder why they didnt jump all over that one ... the Queens are trying to dump off Artest's contract as is and the best looking place is Denver

anyways I was at the Bulls game tonight .. that was loads of fun .. not

sacto doesnt want nene or klieza and a first.

This time next year, Harris will probably be the better PG. He's certainly better defensively IMHO, than Kidd.

But the Mavs are going to get Stackhouse back when he's bought out by the Nets, and there's an Antoine Wright for a 2nd rounder deal also supossedly happening.

Now they've somehow got to trade Vince Carter, so they can start the rebuilding.

Harris is an excellent get for them though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
This time next year, Harris will probably be the better PG. He's certainly better defensively IMHO, than Kidd.

But the Mavs are going to get Stackhouse back when he's bought out by the Nets, and there's an Antoine Wright for a 2nd rounder deal also supossedly happening.

Now they've somehow got to trade Vince Carter, so they can start the rebuilding.

Harris is an excellent get for them though.

I think your right on with that one. It seems like a reactionary move from the Mavericks, after Shaq and Pau went west. Only I'd rather have Shaq or Pau over J-KIDD.

Marion and Harris go to the East, Shaq and Kidd to the west... maybe things will start balancing out talent wise in the conferences.

QUOTE(A's fan @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
just heard you guys might go after my dubs Mikeal Pietrus and Al Harrington. I dont believe it but if it happens it better be something good.

I read that somewhere too... I think that was just Sam Smith doing what he loves to do, achieving Sexual Completion via trade ideas.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Ha, ESPN is saying that Devean George is blocking the Jason Kidd trade by evoking his no trade clause. LOL

How in the world did he get a no trade clause? Don't you have to be with the same team for a long time, i.e. Kobe?

Anyway, I was just thinking, if the Mavs trade did go down as written...the Mavs could actually really use Wallace, because they'd be losing their best interior defender in Diop and would basically be going with Eric Dampier versus Duncan, Shaq, Bynum/Gasol, etc. Of course, it's hard to see how they could pull that deal off without moving Dampier to us contract-wise.

I don't like the Mavs one bit, in face they're the team I hate most, mostly because I like to give my sister a hard time since she's a Mavs fan. But this deal is horrible for them in my opinion. Kidd is 10 years older and not that much better than Harris. Sure he has a lot of experience but it looks like they're trying to go all out this year for it. They're going to regret getting rid of Diop and the 2 first round picks. I'm glad George is blocking this trade, hopefully it stays that way but I'm not holding my breath.

Some team isn't making it in the playoffs this year for the West. I'd say the Suns, Mavericks, Spurs, Lakers, and Hornets are virtual locks baring some serious injury. If the Jazz keep playing well they will be in. I can't see the Rockets not making it and I have a hard time seeing the Nuggets not make it either. As much as I want the Warriors to get in, and they have a great chance to get in, if I had to pick one team that won't make it I guess I'll pick them for now.

Portland's probably going to miss out now.

The Rockets have got their act together under Adelman, I think they'll make it.

I'd say either Denver or Golden State to miss, but it'll be very, very close.

Just unfair how one of those teams would be a top seed in the East.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
f***....the Bulls are not going to make a trade, i just know it and they need to move Wallace and Gordon.

Do you think that Bibby would either have made the Bulls a legit contender this year or would have been worth what we'd have had to give up to get him?