Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

I'm thinking of buying a camera. It's definitely not something I need, but I have this feeling like I should own one. I really don't want to spend more than $200. Is it even possible to buy a quality camera for that much? Any suggestions?

Edited by Milkman delivers

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:23 PM)
I'm thinking of buying a camera. It's definitely not something I need, but I have this feeling like I should own one. I really don't want to spend more than $200. Is it even possible to buy a quality camera for that much? Any suggestions?

If your going for style and fun feautures go with Sony if you want best quality go with Canon. Id stick between those 2 brands though personally.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 01:12 AM)
If your going for style and fun feautures go with Sony if you want best quality go with Canon. Id stick between those 2 brands though personally.

I got the latest Canon Powershot for around the price (the one with Maria Sharapova in the ads).

It's got a 12 megapixel zoom, and lots of different options etc. so it's a pretty good camera. I'd recommend that.

Question for E-Bay Users.

Never really used it much before, but over here have started, and have just linked a PayPal account.

I am transferring money across from my bank account, so it is still processing, as my account is linked, am I able to buy stuff using paypal (because I've read that they'll just transfer the money out from your account).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
I got the latest Canon Powershot for around the price (the one with Maria Sharapova in the ads).

It's got a 12 megapixel zoom, and lots of different options etc. so it's a pretty good camera. I'd recommend that.

Lol megapixels has nothing to do with zoom, that just goes towards the size of pictures you can have at good quality. Most people dont need more than 7 megapixels.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)
Question for E-Bay Users.

Never really used it much before, but over here have started, and have just linked a PayPal account.

I am transferring money across from my bank account, so it is still processing, as my account is linked, am I able to buy stuff using paypal (because I've read that they'll just transfer the money out from your account).

Yeah, as long as you have an credit card/bank account linked to your paypal, you should be good to go.

So just now I go kind of jogging down my stairs with a bottle of wine, all excited to sit down... I hop down the last 3 stairs but didn't realize I jumped a couple inches too high and I hit my head on the top of the door frame. I fall flat on my f***ing ass and I end up sitting there for about 10 seconds stunned like omg WTF just happened?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:35 AM)
So just now I go kind of jogging down my stairs with a bottle of wine, all excited to sit down... I hop down the last 3 stairs but didn't realize I jumped a couple inches too high and I hit my head on the top of the door frame. I fall flat on my f***ing ass and I end up sitting there for about 10 seconds stunned like omg WTF just happened?

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Can I say it sucks that something similar to that has happened to me as well?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)

but did the wine survive the fall?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 01:35 AM)

I did that once going down the basement stairs at church. The stairwell ceiling was lower that I thought and I leapt down the last three stairs...

Knocked myself out for like 5 seconds.

I was in NYC last night...ended up going to this club at the end of the night called Pacha. $40 to get in (we knew someone so i didnt have to pay) and it was just retarded. Rave-like atmosphere and the security was all over in there. Dont know why people go to places like that. Guido/meathead haven. Imagine it being 65/35 guy/girl ratio with 80% of the guys looking the guy from the "my new haircut" youtube video. Only positive was the girls they had dancing in barely there bikins in mini-showers on the middle floor.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm pretty sure I am passing a kidney stone. As long as I don't run a fever I can skip the trip to the doc, right?

No, if symptoms continue you should see your Doctor, there are other things it could be.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 11:50 AM)
I was in NYC last night...ended up going to this club at the end of the night called Pacha. $40 to get in (we knew someone so i didnt have to pay) and it was just retarded. Rave-like atmosphere and the security was all over in there. Dont know why people go to places like that. Guido/meathead haven. Imagine it being 65/35 guy/girl ratio with 80% of the guys looking the guy from the "my new haircut" youtube video. Only positive was the girls they had dancing in barely there bikins in mini-showers on the middle floor.

Sounds like some of the bars in Lincoln Park.