Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
I have been living in Ann Arbor for the past 5 years or so, and currently am at U of Illinois U-C, and my parents are now moving back to Chicago for my dad's job. So tehy had the moving company pack the truck and drive it down to Chicago just this past weekend, and was scheduled to unload it on Thursday. So they store the truck in their storage area. Last night someone broke into the area, broke through the side doors of the truck, and its unclear whether they stole anything from the truck or not (I believe they did but have no idea) and burned the rest down. By the time the firemen arrived and put out the truck everything was ruined by a combination of smoke, fire, and water. So now im jsut shocked that everything that I didnt pack for college is gone.

Including my White Sox World Series jacket!!! I hate Mondays...

Who has a story topper?

*The worst part is that Im not even that upset about most of the stuff I lost, like I wont miss alot, but I will miss all of hte stuff I had from being a little kid and everything. Meanwhile, all I can think of is relating this to the Scrubs episode where Elliot had her truck stolen...

You sure your parents didn't set it up for the insurance money? Sounds awfully fishy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
You sure your parents didn't set it up for the insurance money? Sounds awfully fishy.

Ya, my parents would never do that (and Im not just saying that, they had way too much personal family property in there and they just arent those people, theyre the ones who would punish me for sharing cds with friends because they technically considered it stealing or sneaking in a friend on the subway by having a bunch of people go thru on one ticket swipe.)

I really think it sounded fishy also, so Im banking on the movers having a huge part if not all of it on them. I was a mover over the summer, so I know how most of these guys think, and although I never worked with guys who would actaully go through with this I know that the financial outcast is driving alot of guys to atleast consider something like this. Its just really sad...I mean, why burn it? Take all our furniture, whatever, we can replace that wiht insurance...but burn all my art projects, my baseball trophies, my favorite books, all our records that we kept in house, photos, family heirlooms (like my grandpa's american flag for service in WW2), all that stuff is gone, its freakin ridiculous.

Some people jsut dont have any heart at all...

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
So, my keys fell out my ignition today.....

while I was driving.

Kind of odd.

Thats not too odd

A couple weeks ago I accidentally pulled the key out of mine while driving and it kept going like nothing was wrong.. I was a little scared for a second

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Nice. You're a big loser like me now.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
I wonder what other sites can say that they have nearly 40 members with 10,000 posts. :cheers

I have to be honest. For like the last month (ever since I noticed I was around 9,500 posts), I was posting much more often for the sake of posting.