Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

I'm coming to Chi on Tuesday and I'm battling a mean ass flu. Got up today and every joint in my body ached and I had that hot-cold tingle all over my skin. A summer flu out here sux. Imagine a flu in 115 degree heat, just miserable. I'm trying everything I can to kick it by Tuesday. Zicam, Ny Quil, Sudafed, orange juice, hot sauna.....

Any other suggestions??

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 02:56 AM)
I'm coming to Chi on Tuesday and I'm battling a mean ass flu. Got up today and every joint in my body ached and I had that hot-cold tingle all over my skin. A summer flu out here sux. Imagine a flu in 115 degree heat, just miserable. I'm trying everything I can to kick it by Tuesday. Zicam, Ny Quil, Sudafed, orange juice, hot sauna.....

Any other suggestions??

Ummm, the doctor?

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
Not sure where to put this..but is Soxtalk not doing NFL weekly picks this year?? i was trying to look for it but didn't see anything anywhere???? i guess noone wanted to set it up this year

We're a lazy bunch.

I was opening the door this morning and I caught my toe-nail. I took a huge chunk of skin out from underneath the nailbed and have a decent bruise under the nail. I've also got quite a gash going on the tip of my toe. As well as significant bleeding from the sides of the toe-nail. It hurts real bad.

Anyone have any tips for maybe how to keep the nail from falling off or how to alleviate any pain or whatever?

Thanks in advance. :)

QUOTE (Soxy @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
I was opening the door this morning and I caught my toe-nail. I took a huge chunk of skin out from underneath the nailbed and have a decent bruise under the nail. I've also got quite a gash going on the tip of my toe. As well as significant bleeding from the sides of the toe-nail. It hurts real bad.

Anyone have any tips for maybe how to keep the nail from falling off or how to alleviate any pain or whatever?

Thanks in advance. :)

If you did extensive damage, you will lose the nail. It isn't as bad as it seems. It will grow back and you will have beautiful feet once again. If the pressure gets too bad, pierce the nail with a needle using a kind of drilling maneuver. It will result in immediate relief. The nail through the skin and under the nail is far worse.

Control pain with whatever self medicating option you prefer. Alcohol, gobbling Motrin or Aleeve.

This year's Distinguished Lecturer Series at my University was announced. Jeff Corwin, Judy Sheppard, Jehan Sadat, and Dr. Ballard. I'm thinking, isn't he dead? Why her, she will just yell about the Bush, who is she?, and what did he do?

Oops, Jeff Corwin isn't Steve Irwin, Judy Sheppard is not the woman that camps outside The Crawford Ranch and chats with A-List Celebrity Dems, Jehan Sadat is pretty interesting, and he discovered the Titanic. D'Oh. Didn't they already kind of know it was at the bottom of the Atlantic? So three of four seem interesting. I'm probably most interested in what Judy Sheppard has to say.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 13, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
I think you have the cause and effect backwards there, son.

<_>

LOL, I was hoping for a play on words.

The one on my chest seriously looks like someone beat me like a red-headed stepchild. It could pass as a large bruise.

We have a new receptionist at work who is really hot. She is not there on weekends but I am sometimes and saw her desk and she has a picture of her and her husband framed.

Let's just say that there is hope for all of us. He is the exact opposite of what I thought her husband would look like.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 13, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
LOL, I was hoping for a play on words.

The one on my chest seriously looks like someone beat me like a red-headed stepchild. It could pass as a large bruise.

I know someone who claims to be able to make a hickie on someone's forehead. :ph34r:

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 13, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)
We have a new receptionist at work who is really hot. She is not there on weekends but I am sometimes and saw her desk and she has a picture of her and her husband framed.

Let's just say that there is hope for all of us. He is the exact opposite of what I thought her husband would look like.

Ah, you saw his picture. . . but did you see his bank statement??

;)

QUOTE (SnB @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
A U of I priest was arrested for dealing coke.......odd

I heard about that on the bus last night, some other student mentioned it. Very weird, atleast it wasnt another child abuse story.