Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:46 AM)
This summer..my wife got me into watching America's got Talent...and i have to ask.....is it me or is it ironic that i see Sharon "F'n" Osborne giving advice on singing. Has she ever shown any shred of talent that I don't know about???? I don't know much about her younger days...maybe there is something ther but i doubt it

Well, her father was Don Arden, a music manager who used to manage Black Sabbath, and she's been Ozzy's puppeteer for quite a while now, so maybe she learned something about singing from one of the other groups Arden managed.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
Does anyone good of a good site on the net to do personalised invitations to send via e-mail that is free (e.g for a b-day party), otherwise I will just use Powerpoint.

I think evite.com? Or e-vite.com (I forget what the "official" domain is)... google it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
So I'm listening to Pandora while I'm at work..Journey, Don't Stop Believing, started playing. How can I possibly concentrate on anything but the 05 Sox now.

Same thing happened to me the other day while I was reading. Couldn't think of anything else.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2008 -> 05:53 AM)
I am testing google chrome at work. It works with our microsoft based intranet a lot better than Firefox. It is a simple browser with some elegance to it. So far for a beta pretty stable. It only died once. Soxtalk looks good in it.

I like it except for the lack of a home button initially and also my start bar cannot be pulled up when the browser is maximized. That definitely needs to be fixed. I have a hover over start bar, not sure what it does to normal ones.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2008 -> 12:53 AM)
I am testing google chrome at work. It works with our microsoft based intranet a lot better than Firefox. It is a simple browser with some elegance to it. So far for a beta pretty stable. It only died once. Soxtalk looks good in it.

I read somewhere that their EULA says something like that by using Google Chrome you give them the right to use, publish or sell anything you create using Google Chrome. That would mean that Google would own all your future Soxtalk posts! Wow, theirstock just went up by $.01!

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 4, 2008 -> 05:54 AM)
I read somewhere that their EULA says something like that by using Google Chrome you give them the right to use, publish or sell anything you create using Google Chrome. That would mean that Google would own all your future Soxtalk posts! Wow, theirstock just went up by $.01!

or -.02 after reading yours :P

So in my Speech Communication 101 class we had to give speeches about ourselves to start the class off, and this girl came up and started talking about how she loved the Republican party, and as an independent (mainly because I feel too young and dont know enough about the parties to really justify picking one, and I would much rather make my decisions based on how I believe rather than a party belief etc.), I was excited to hear what she had to say regarding the GOP. I have never really talked to a real GOP backer, except for one teacher whom I loved to talk to about politics, and thought it would be great to learn about why she loved the party when everyone around her is a democrat (when you live in college towns as I have its hard not to be surrounded by dems).

What I learned from her is:

1) If youre not Republican, youre not American.

2) Her parents were Republican and therefore she was too, and cried when Clinton won even though it was way back in elementary school.

3) She loves Pres. Bush because he's really cool and cute.

4) Loves the Iraqi war, no reason given.

5) Hates Obama, she gets sick even at the mention of him, and cant shop at Hollister anymore even though its her favorite store because they were selling Obama shirts, 8 of them!!

6) She basically said "Im a tool, Im a tool, a tool, tool, tool, an unbelievably annoying tool" (yes, its that guy from Scrubs)

Im worried about our future...

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
So in my Speech Communication 101 class we had to give speeches about ourselves to start the class off, and this girl came up and started talking about how she loved the Republican party, and as an independent (mainly because I feel too young and dont know enough about the parties to really justify picking one, and I would much rather make my decisions based on how I believe rather than a party belief etc.), I was excited to hear what she had to say regarding the GOP. I have never really talked to a real GOP backer, except for one teacher whom I loved to talk to about politics, and thought it would be great to learn about why she loved the party when everyone around her is a democrat (when you live in college towns as I have its hard not to be surrounded by dems).

2) Her parents were Republican and therefore she was too, and cried when Clinton won even though it was way back in elementary school.

5) Hates Obama, she gets sick even at the mention of him, and cant shop at Hollister anymore even though its her favorite store because they were selling Obama shirts, 8 of them!!

6) She basically said "Im a tool, Im a tool, a tool, tool, tool, an unbelievably annoying tool" (yes, its that guy from Scrubs)

Thread is useless without pics. :P

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)

The thing is, you will have people like this on both sides of the spectrum. Tex and I have often sparred on voting when I mention that people like this, on either side, who can't take the time or don't have the brain cells to actually inform themselves, at least a little bit, about more than 1 issue shouldn't go vote. then tex accuses me of trying to deny people their right to vote, and on it goes again.

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
Bacon vodka.....nice!!!!!!!!

Bacon!!!!!!!!!!

I can see that being quite good in a bloody mary, but probably not much else.

I've been dabbling in some rum infusions over the last few months - mostly to make home-made versions of a few hard to find ingredients for vintage Don the Beachcomber and trader Vic-era tiki drinks. The best infusion so far has been a home-made falernum, which is a Caribbean lime and clove liqueur that is an indispensable ingredient in some vintage faux tropicals like Corn 'N Oil. It really brings out the best in a nice aged Demerara or Martinique sipping rum. Also outstanding with Cruzan Blackstrap, which is a rough rum that doesn't play well with most mixers.

I'm interested in playing electric guitar, and my buddy's brother who has countless guitars sitting around offered to basically give it to me (along with an amplifier) indefinitely.

What I want to know is, how expensive would a delay accessory such as the one provided within the link be?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 12:41 AM)
I'm interested in playing electric guitar, and my buddy's brother who has countless guitars sitting around offered to basically give it to me (along with an amplifier) indefinitely.

What I want to know is, how expensive would a delay accessory such as the one provided within the link be?

A Boss digital delay pedal will run you right around $100.

Walk before you run though, and get some playing under your belt before you spend a ton of money on effects.