2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 02:52 AM)
I hope Sisco sucks in spring training so we don't have to endure his wildness again this season.

Hope he proves me wrong, but he is a stiff.

What about a better option...

He doesn't suck in Spring Training, but he does well enough so that KW gets people interested in giving us something for him in a trade.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 03:34 AM)
Does Sisco have an option left or not? jc

Everything I've read says that for whatever reason, the 2 guys who we care about that are out of options are: Masset and Floyd. Sisco should have 1 year left.

Edited by Balta1701

Wasserman and MacDougal should be fighting for at least 1 spot. And then you've got Masset who could fighting for a spot also (possibly the same one).

And Mac and Ehren both have options left, while Masset does not.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Wasserman and MacDougal should be fighting for at least 1 spot. And then you've got Masset who could fighting for a spot also (possibly the same one).

And Mac and Ehren both have options left, while Masset does not.

For that reason, the Dotel signing probably consigned Wasserman to the minors, at least to start the season. If they still have any hope left in Masset, they'll put him on the 25 man to start the season so that they don't have to cut him.

I hope both are long gone.

Wasserman is not good and does anybody really want to see MacDougal's wildness kill us in crucial situations? I'd prefer MacD over Wasserman if one makes it over the other. I hope our new guys are the answer over last year's disasters.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)

Wasserman is not good and does anybody really want to see MacDougal's wildness kill us in crucial situations? I'd prefer MacD over Wasserman if one makes it over the other. I hope our new guys are the answer over last year's disasters.

:lolhitting

Wow. Go take another bong rip or something.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)

Have you even seen Wassermann pitch? He's your type of pitcher, he throws the ball over the plate and gets [right handed] hitters out. He has a pretty simple approach.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
Have you even seen Wasserman pitch? He's your type of pitcher, he throws the ball over the plate and gets [right handed] hitters out. He has a pretty simple approach.

screw that. walking batters is the way to go. walk the first few every inning, then get down to business.

So from reading articles and Oz's comments, it looks like Count is officially going to be our 4th starter to break up the young bucks in the rotation. The battle, as far as the rotation is concerned, is between Buehrle and Vaz for the opener and Danks/Floyd for the 3rd spot (to a lesser extent, mostly between the other two). If Vaz gets it, Floyd is our #3. If Buehrle gets it, Danks gets the 3rd spot.

So... (If Vaz is #1)

Vazquez

Buehrle

Floyd

Contreras

Danks

(If Buehrle is #1)

Buehrle

Vazquez

Danks

Contreras

Floyd

I'm gonna hold for the 2nd alternative. (even though Floyd would benefit more from the first one) I expect an improved, and steady Danks. I'm a HUGE fan of his.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
There is no battle for the opener.

My appologies for saying 'battle'. I should have said it more clearly considering both guys are proven. It will be Ozzie's 'decision' on who he wants to see pitch the opener against the Tribe.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
My appologies for saying 'battle'. I should have said it more clearly considering both guys are proven. It will be Ozzie's 'decision' on who he wants to see pitch the opener against the Tribe.

The decision has already been made, I can guarantee you that. Baring injury Buehrle will take the ball on March 31st in Cleveland.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 12:08 AM)
The decision has already been made, I can guarantee you that. Baring injury Buehrle will take the ball on March 31st in Cleveland.

If Vazquez starts the season opener, Buerhle will start the home opener and vise versa. I get the feeling Guillen will give Buerhle the choice.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
On the ESPN.com rumors board it has Dusty Baker hoping Kenny Lofton plays for the Reds. It also has the White Sox listed next to Interested. That would be interesting. Lofton for cheap seems reasonable to me.

Because we don't already have more outfielders than at bats to go around?