What teams do you pledge allegiance to?

Obviously most of us are Sox fans here but I know there is many posters who arent from Chicago.What are the teams in other sports that you have a passion for?I personally live and die with the Bears,Bulls,Hawks,Fire,and Illini football and basketball.Sure no surprises with my allegiances but what are yours?Do you follow any sports teams that maybe some of us would be surprised to know about?Maybe you have a favorite Lacrosse team,or a favorite Premier league soccer team,or maybe you are a deranged Packers fan,we should know about it. :bringit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

white sox, u of illinois, bears, and bulls.

since i work at ohio state i tend to root for their teams when they aren't playing illinois or when it doesn't hurt illinois. it's not the same feeling as the first four, though, because i've rooted for them my whole life.

Always been Bears #1, I was disinterested in baseball in the second half of the '90s and since I was overseas a lot I was only a casual Sox fan until about late '04, beginning of '05 when I started getting back into it. Honestly in about April or May '05 I could not tell you the entire Sox regular lineup or recognize some of their faces outside of Konerko, Crede, maybe Buehrle and Garland, and I knew who Dye was before he came here. I wasn't a fairweather fan, I just didn't have time.

Sox are a close 2nd though. The way the Bears tested my loyalty was different from the way MLB and the Sox tested me.

Local teams, in order of interest to me:

Hawks (vaulted back to #1 since Rocky took over)

Sox

Wolves

Fire

Cubs

Bulls

Bears

Outside of Chicago, there are about 6 NHL teams between the Sox and Wolves (Red Wings, Bruins, Flyers, Penguins, Blues and Senators), then the Packers fall in between the Fire and the Cubs, followed by 4 MLB teams before the Cubs as well (Cardinals, Brewers, Pirates, Diamondbacks).

No college team in any sport makes my list. I couldn't possibly care less about college sports, until my nephew signs on somewhere to play collegiate soccer.

Only teams I have ever cared for in my short 24 years.

Chisox, baseball, since Frank arrived

Steelers, football, since Levon Kirkland days

Heat, since Timmy Hardaway arrived

UNC, since Stackhouse, Greg Ellis days

TTU, since becoming a student a few years ago

Flyers, since Lindros early days, interested waned over the years but I still keep an eye.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
Football: Celtic CF, US National Team and the Irish National Team

American Football: Bears

Hockey: blackhawks

Basketball: Bulls

GAA ( Gaelic Football, what the Aussie Rules football is based off of ) County Kerry

Hurling : Kerry of course

What the hell is hurling?

Sox are by far my number one team.

From there, the Bears, Hawks, Bulls; which ever sport is in season.

My college teams is Illinois

The surprising team is the Steelers. I credit it back to Tecmo Super Bowl, which had Gregg Lloyd and Rod Woodson, who are two of my favorite football players. I still have a "Chaos and Mayhem" poster featuring those two hanging in my basement.

Edited by smalls2598

In order of importance:

Sox

UCONN - i live in big east country not too far from connecticut

Kansas City Chiefs - used to be a 49er fan...my allegiance went with Montana

Seattle Sonics - fell in love with basketball at the same time Payton/Kemp were in their prime

FSU football - i dont know...they were good when i was young

Ottawa Senators - love hockey, my allegiance here flip flops ever since the Whalers left...we have their AHL team now so i follow them

Florida Marlins - wanted to follow the NL more and when they joined MLB figured that was a way to start

Liverpool (EPL) - FIFA video games got me started with them

Kansas City Wizards (MLS) - I used to like Preki when he was good

By the way, my dad doesnt follow sports at all, which is why myself and my brother like random teams (he likes the Indians, Bills, Bulls/Lakers, Notre Dame, Michigan and the Ducks)

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
rectal examinations

death

anything having to do with soccer

That made me laugh out loud at work and everybody turned around and started looking at me.

BTW am I the only one on this board that likes the Bears better than the Sox, or otherwise doesn't have the Sox as his #1 team?

MLB: Sox

NCAA: Minnesota Gophers

NFL: Bears

NBA: Utah Jazz (I'm working for them, so this is obligated), Philadelphia 76ers

(in this order, with college basketball taking priority over college football)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
Liverpool (EPL) - FIFA video games got me started with them

Hey, me too, although I can't actually claim to be a fan of theirs since I don't follow the EPL (or any form of soccer) at all.

Edited by Felix

White Sox and Northwestern football are way out in front. IMO it's debateable which is really #1, but basically anyone I know would say NU. Though it's painful to watch a lot of the time, NU basketball is #3, though I'll actually skip games for that and don't follow it quite as obsessively.

After that it drops off even more. I would still call myself a fan of the Bulls and Bears, though I'm far more casual about it and haven't been to a game in quite a while for either of them. I also generally adopt college basketball team on a year-by-year basis when I like a particular roster since I follow it so closely and my primary team is generally so crappy, though I didn't really do that this season.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
rectal examinations

death

anything having to do with soccer

If you've never had a rectal examination, I might put death before it.

Iowa State, far and away. I could tolerate the Sox losing a 100 games every year from here to eternity for a football national championship.

If I were a mod, I would banninate you from the board post haste for that statement!!!

As for me:

Bears football

White Sox baseball

Illini football

Illini Basketball

Blackhawk hockey

Bulls basketball

Fire futbol

Chicago Bandits softball (mmmmm...Jennie Finch)

Houston Texans football

San Antonio Spurs basketball

Every other major, minor, college and fringe sports team.

The Cubs.