4/24 Gamethread: Sox (11-9) vs Yankees (12-10), 7:11 WGN

rangercal

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
looks like this should pass in about a half hour and after that should be clear sailing...we are gonna get this thing in

So why the hell are people glad with this delay? We are going to lose a battle of the bullpens, especially already down by 3 runs.

QUOTE (southsidehawkeye @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Im under the assumption (or maybe the hope) that JD will be our DH when Thome is gone... Until then we'll just have to live with his below average defense.

Agreed. But if they're serious about going with Quentin every day, then he should be right and Dye in left. To me, it's just like sitting Thome against some lefties. This team is far too concerned with the feelings of some of these older guys -- make the move that makes the team better.

Now showing replays of '05 playoffs, WS. I know a ton of people lament about that was ancient history and all...but damn...I still get all goose-bumped from it. Geez-us...you'd think some of these guys would watch these reels to brink back the taste. Come on rain....let's get this one in! 3-0 ain't s***...

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
So I didn't see this play. But let me guess: did it involve JD not getting lined up properly to make the throw, stutter-stepping to get himself into position, throwing essentially flat-footed and then being off line?

Jeter hit a line drive to medium right that Dye made a running catch on his backhand about lower chest level and came up firing . Couldn't really set himself but a very makable play since Giambi is slow and it wasn't hit at all deep.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
After seeing Floyd struggle with the Yankees due to their patience, I'm still baffled as to why we set our rotation so that Buehrle wouldn't face the Yankees.

I think there is a little problem with MB's shoulder. They've been skipping him using the "keep his innings down" excuse. And I've noticed he lowers his arm angle a bit which is common with shoulder impairments. I don't know if it's serious but I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more about it this year.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 03:18 AM)
I think there is a little problem with MB's shoulder. They've been skipping him using the "keep his innings down" excuse. And I've noticed he lowers his arm angle a bit which is common with shoulder impairments. I don't know if it's serious but I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more about it this year.

Good observation, and I totally agree that there's something not right about the whole situation.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)

For the sake of everything holy, I hope you're wrong.

:P