6/21 Game Thread Sox @ Cubs

SoxPride56

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:35 PM)
We're not giving it away. We're getting our asses kicked. I am ok with this though because Contreras sucked and you can't do anything about it. But I will complain all day about a game like yesterday's where the team just kills itself with terrible hitting. I just wish people would STFU about telling me such a loss is ok. Yesterday's game was the biggest one this series (for us, at least).

We face a pitcher tomorrow who matches up absolutely perfectly to dominate us. The Sox are a bad slider/splitter hitting team, and no one has a better one going than Dempster. It would be nice if we can make Marmol work today.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
Jason Marquis is on the mound as well. Its time for Dye to leave the yard

That'd be nice, except I have a tough question- who carries the load when Dye can't? Dye picked up Q's slack, but who will pick up Dye's?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)
We're not giving it away. We're getting our asses kicked. I am ok with this though because Contreras sucked and you can't do anything about it. But I will complain all day about a game like yesterday's where the team just kills itself with terrible hitting. I just wish people would STFU about telling me such a loss is ok. Yesterday's game was the biggest one this series (for us, at least).

well you don't need to tell me, because it wasn't ok.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
Too bad we can't go first to third like the Flubs.

Jose is to blame for that 4 inning disaster; not Ozzie BTW.

Really so when a pitcher completely sucks it isn't on the manager to pull him before the game gets out of hand. Conteras was awful and didn't do his job. Neither did Ozzie.

The problem with our chances is, we attacked their hitters by going away. They just extended and drove the ball the other way. We get pitched away, and we cant hit the ball oppo. Thats the tale of two offenses. One uses the entire field, works the count and drives the ball. The other swings hard and hope it makes contact.

Plan versus no plan

I hate this team. For now. Next weekend, we'll probably sweep the cubs and score 100 runs for all I know and I'll think we're the best team in baseball, its frustrating. I still don't think the cubs are really that good.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)
Gordon Beckham's Georgia team's game is on right now on ESPN or ESPN2 idk. Anyway, it's better than this mess. I believe if the cubs can do it, so can we. So let's tie it up at LEAST.

Beckham is 3 for 7 with 2 runs scored and a walk in the CWS so far this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
Really so when a pitcher completely sucks it isn't on the manager to pull him before the game gets out of hand. Conteras was awful and didn't do his job. Neither did Ozzie.

It's the usual who think Ozzie can do no right, and the usual who will never blame him for anything. In all honesty, we lose no matter what decision he makes in the 4th inning with Contreras. The Cubs are unbeatable at home with the wind blowing out. Hopefully it's blowing in tomorrow.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
The problem with our chances is, we attacked their hitters by going away. They just extended and drove the ball the other way. We get pitched away, and we cant hit the ball oppo. Thats the tale of two offenses. One uses the entire field, works the count and drives the ball. The other swings hard and hope it makes contact.

Plan versus no plan

Dude, it's cool. It's only 1 loss.

:chair

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
I hate this team. For now. Next weekend, we'll probably sweep the cubs and score 100 runs for all I know and I'll think we're the best team in baseball, its frustrating. I still don't think the cubs are really that good.

1. The Cubs might score 100 this series- maybe 100 this game.

2. We are too inconsistent to be the best team in baseball. No, we're not- we beat the teams we should and get demolished by the team's we shouldn't.

3. The Cubs are damn good.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
That'd be nice, except I have a tough question- who carries the load when Dye can't? Dye picked up Q's slack, but who will pick up Dye's?

Uribe, He can carry us for stretches.

No I do not blame Ozzie for not hooking him.

Not in the fourth inning.

I blame Jose for throwing meat up there.

When I think the manager is a good manager I blame the players more than the manager.

When I think the manager sucks like Bevington I tend to blame Bevington.

I like Oz; I don't like what Jose did on the mound today.

We could give up 15-20 runs today.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)

Sweep them, don't jinx us, haha.

Hopefully Owings can pitch a good game, as the DBacks have Webb going tomorrow against old buddy Livan. I honestly wonder if the Sox will still be in first after next weekend. The Dodgers have no hitting, but we won't be able to play homer or nothing at their park.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
Dude, it's cool. It's only 1 loss.

:chair

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)

2. We are too inconsistent to be the best team in baseball. No, we're not- we beat the teams we should and get demolished by the team's we shouldn't.

You're totally right. Each loss to the Cubs should count as 5 losses on our official record. We blow.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)

You're probably right on everything but the Cubs being damn good. They will never win in the playoffs with the pitching they have. Frankly, behind Zambrano it's weak.