TWINS or TIGERS

rokimar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
I don't think either team is that good yet but scare me. There ya go.

The one thing that scares me is Floyd/Danks wearing done and Contreras continue slide back into his 2007 form (which was downright NASTY and I mean that in as bad of a way as possible).

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
twins have a brutal stretch in the second half where they play 23/29 on the road starting August 21st - featuring a 4 game set at tampa and a 10 game west coast swing including 4 games at LAA. If they go .500 during that stretch it will be a bloody miracle.

The Twins can't play on the road, it's pretty obvious. They're 1-3 on this roadtrip. If it wasn't for Todd Jones, they'd be 0-4.

• 2 weeks later...

I see little hope of us staying ahead of the Twins in the second half. Anyone noticed that our pitching sucks? 5, 9, and 8 runs at home to the Royals? How many games in a row is it giving up 5+ runs now?

The Twins' pitching has righted itself, and they have Liriano sitting in AAA ready to go. Plus, the Twins offense is perfect for their park, and we have 7 more games there, with none against them here.

Then there is our own hot and cold offense. We just aren't consistent enough.

I think we have to hope for Boston and the Rays to keep losing so the wild card is an option.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
I see little hope of us staying ahead of the Twins in the second half. Anyone noticed that our pitching sucks? 5, 9, and 8 runs at home to the Royals? How many games in a row is it giving up 5+ runs now?

The Twins' pitching has righted itself, and they have Liriano sitting in AAA ready to go. Plus, the Twins offense is perfect for their park, and we have 7 more games there, with none against them here.

Then there is our own hot and cold offense. We just aren't consistent enough.

I think we have to hope for Boston and the Rays to keep losing so the wild card is an option.

Couldn't have said it any better. Not to mention Scott Linebrink isn't alive.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
Who scare you more? Twins? Tigers?

They playing today who you going to chear for?

If we don't start playing better and winning some games it won't matter if it's the TGwins or the Tigers cause they will both be ahead of us.