Most Overrated TV Shows

Brian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
scrubs is annoyingly ridiculous and unfunny. I've tried to watch, but each time I did, all the over-the-top crap just irritated me more and more, particularly the main character.

This is exactly how I feel. And I just refer to the main character as Jewish guy in conversations with people about the show. His name isn't important.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
I never really cared for it at first, but after you watch a cycle of the re-runs and learn some of the jokes and characters, it gets funnier everytime you watch it. Seinfeld was the same way for me.

:notworthy you can hold the remote anytime.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
Entourage

You bite your tongue!!!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:20 PM)
Die.

Anyone who says Entourage isn't a guy. Don't get me wrong, I usually hate even slightly campy shows. But it's like trying to hate on the movie 300; if you do so, you better hand over you man-card.

Agree

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
House is by far the best show on television IMO.

Also:

You are a bad, bad man.

House, at its best, is very near the top, if not at the top. At it's average, it falls way down. Some episodes are just so gawd awful. But I think their willingness to risk a crappy show keeps them away from the warm and comfortable puke that clogs the airwaves.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
House, at its best, is very near the top, if not at the top. At it's average, it falls way down. Some episodes are just so gawd awful. But I think their willingness to risk a crappy show keeps them away from the warm and comfortable puke that clogs the airwaves.

I will say that I like House a lot, but I can't watch the reruns. Once you have seen it, there is no point in seeing it again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
I will say that I like House a lot, but I can't watch the reruns. Once you have seen it, there is no point in seeing it again.

That is a great point. I think comedies hold up better for multiple watches then dramas. I have watched some episodes of Seinfeld four or five times and find funny stuff each time that I overlooked. Frasier is the same way.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
Do people actually watch that? Doesn't a show have to be held in some high regard to be considered over-rated?

I was basing it on the 100 commercials per day that I see. I figure if they run that many commercials then maybe a lot of people watch it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
Don't quite comprehend, but House is easily one of the best shows on tv.

Well you know...........Iam not gay but House looks like maybe possibly the type of guy a gay guy might be attracted to.Not that I think hes attractive I dont know what an attractive man looks like.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Don't quite comprehend, but House is easily one of the best shows on tv.

I fugured Ships got into the supply closet, again. I want to be a gay man so I'd magically have better fashion sense

Everyone who says Entourage or Scrubs is wrong.

I used to watch Friends religiously but when I see it on in syndication, I hate it.

I like some reality shows like Apprentice, Survivor, and Amazing Race. I even watch Big Brother in the summer cuz nothing else is on except baseball.

The reality shows on MTV and VH1 are brutal and dumb down society.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:20 PM)
Anyone who says Entourage isn't a guy. Don't get me wrong, I usually hate even slightly campy shows. But it's like trying to hate on the movie 300; if you do so, you better hand over you man-card.

Ha! Every guy I know that likes that show is a total beat-off. Guys who don't get nearly as much ass as they'd like you to believe, or the guys who just flat out don't get any at all despite many attempts.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
I was basing it on the 100 commercials per day that I see. I figure if they run that many commercials then maybe a lot of people watch it.

Or that few. But, it's apparently the funniest show on television, according to the commercials.