HOLY s*** WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Steve9347

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)
After watching the last two Twins games, and tonights Sox game, ANYONE who says home field isn't a huge deal is a moron, plain and simple.

there are only like 2-3 teams that are above .500 on the road (with the Angels being f***ing ridiculous). I don't care who is the road team, they almost certainly haven't been a good team on the road this season, and thus you really aren't facing a good team. That's what's always gotten to me about this and anybody who says "the SoS and Home/Road even each other out" because I really don't see that as true and there are facts that back that up. You may be facing a talented team, but they aren't necessarily good.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)
Now I was told in the gamethread that this team was not only pathetic, but that clearly being at home doesn't make a difference. Tell that to the Twins.

Well being at home, as we saw tonight, isn't going to fix our pitching. However, it can fix the damn offense even more than it has already been good, and we'll win a few like this one.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:59 AM)
If anyone wants good entertainment I suggest going back and reading pages 45-52 of the game thread.

:lol: Nice call. Dunno the new poster but Jenksy Cat's post made me laugh.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 11:53 PM)
BOBBLES THE BALL....ITS AMAZING SOMETIMES, WHAT A s***TY SWING WILL DO!!!

Wow, hands down the best game I've ever been at besides game 2 of the ALCS in 2005. Never have I been more excited, anxious, happy, and frustrated in one game besides game 2. What a game for MVQ, Lexi, and then obviously Swisher. Paulie had that 2 run HR as well. Great job by the bullpen- what, 10 innings and only 2 runs?

:gosox3: :gosox3:

MARINERS :headbang :headbang

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 05:08 AM)
HHAHAH looking at that gamethread.

last night reminded me while i generally avoid gamethreads. i can understand negativity when the team is playing poorly but some of the crap early in that thread is downright absurd.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
last night reminded me while i generally avoid gamethreads. i can understand negativity when the team is playing poorly but some of the crap early in that thread is downright absurd.

Couldn't agree more. Games threads are generally no longer enjoyable.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 06:01 AM)
To all the people that went to bed...well, Sox win, you lose.

I didn't goto sleep but I was checking the score every 5 minutes on the bottom line. When I saw the Tigs go up 8-6 I think I swtiched it to Fresh Prince to be done with it. But being a Sox fan I had to go back and check the final just so I could sleep at night, and I just about made a doodey in my pantaloons.