Fathom discussion....why Danks was passed over against MN last week

caulfield12

I just want to say that I want Swisher in LF tomorrow. I've had more than enough of Wise.

What about his two walks today? No I'm not being sarcastic.

I think Oz will be too superstitious. But is Swish a walking DP or K right now? I think Oz may be scared of Swish more than anything. Wise is a bit speedier in theory.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
I prefer to think of Quentin as Achilles, lol.

Or maybe Contreras is...and Quentin can be El Gran Titan de Stanford.

Seeing as how Contreras blew out his Achilles and is considered a titan...yeah he's achilles.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
"God" still applies to that man.

And Heracles/Hercules was a mortal man made a god. Hence the reference.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
I wouldnt mind seeing griffey at dh and Anderson in Center but It isn't likely. Danks is a stud and he will cement that notion tomorrow

How about Anderson in left and Griffey in center. I've had enough of Wise starting and I've been a huge supporter of him. I'm not a big Thome fan, but I believe he should be starting because of his power threat.

we are playing the twins tommorrow that means defense. BA has hit Blackburn well and is the better centerfielder. Wise does a lot of little things like running, laying down bunts and his speed keeps him from being double up and 9 for 9 in base stealing although Mauer has a good gun. I don't have to face these guys but I would give the nod to Griffey as DH and have Joey Cora tell THome that he is going to ride the pine. That leaves us a stronger bench. Swisher over Konerko, I would have to say no. Paulie sucked in APril, May, June, and July but is peaking now.. YOu can't bench "MR. September"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:22 AM)
I missed another start of Danks against MN.

2 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 0 BB, 3 K's

Overall, 2-2 against Twins...ERA in the stratosphere, which is the same as Blackburn's recently.

So who knows...? Relax, sit back and strap er down....although no relaxing tonight I don't think.

he needs to dig deep and get it done. if gavin and buehrle's last performance can't motivate you, nothing will.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)
How about Anderson in left and Griffey in center. I've had enough of Wise starting and I've been a huge supporter of him. I'm not a big Thome fan, but I believe he should be starting because of his power threat.

Yes, lets put an inferior fielder at a more important defensive position and the better fielder at a less important position. That makes total sense to me.