Rumors: Sox/Reds Talking Dye for Bailey Swap

Dick Allen

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1399 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
Ummmm, no. I am just like everyone else in that I have two favorite teams, the Sox and who ever the cubs play so nice try.

As for trying to piss people off. Thats not it at all. I have opinions and are entitled to them just like everyone else. Just because my opinion on this matter is different from the rest doesnt make me a cub fan or less of a Sox fan.

Inflammatory statements about a popular player, who won a World Series MVP, made the all-star team, and finished in the top 5 in MVP voting, with no stats to back said statements up (other than cherry-picking a .269 average w/ RISP in a season where Dye posted a 126 OPS+), are going to piss people off. Also, you're entitled to your opinion, but if it's flat-out wrong and not based on any actual relevant data, expect to be called out on it.

QUOTE (sayitaintso @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
You flat out said that he WON'T be missed. You were trying to speak for the majority while you are in the minority on this particular subject.
Also ^.

Anyway, mark me down as wanting this to happen, but only if we get something else in return along with Bailey. Dye is worth more than just a reclamation project with an extremely high upside.

Edited by almagest

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
Hey, let's all stop with the Dye argument.

World: He wasn't trash

1399: Yes he was, er, I mean, he is now!

God: Stop bickering you women!

:lol:

Fair enuff. That was good man, Im still laughing.

Nothing more has been said. At least not on Roto or MLBtraderumors so as of now it doesnt look like theres a deal. Then again the winter meetings have begun so who knows. Im sure Kenny has something cooking and is just doing his usual flying under the radar routine.

QUOTE (1399 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
:lol:

Fair enuff. That was good man, Im still laughing.

Nothing more has been said. At least not on Roto or MLBtraderumors so as of now it doesnt look like theres a deal. Then again the winter meetings have begun so who knows. Im sure Kenny has something cooking and is just doing his usual flying under the radar routine.

Even though you've already stirred up the pot quite a bit, I didn't see anyone welcome you to soxtalk. So Welcome! :headbang :gosox3:

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
Even though you've already stirred up the pot quite a bit, I didn't see anyone welcome you to soxtalk. So Welcome! :headbang :gosox3:

Thanks man. I appreciate it and really didnt mean to stir the pot but someone said it best earlier when they said there should be breathalizers on the puters. Yes I was hammered with the old lady last night so my angst over last seasons offensive troubles were a bit magnafied. So my appologies to those who were offended.

Any more to this rumor?

QUOTE (1399 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Thanks man. I appreciate it and really didnt mean to stir the pot but someone said it best earlier when they said there should be breathalizers on the puters. Yes I was hammered with the old lady last night so my angst over last seasons offensive troubles were a bit magnafied. So my appologies to those who were offended.

Any more to this rumor?

I too will say welcome to this board.

You had me thinking you were Anthrax for a second, but that rumor has been shot down much like this Homer Bailey one.

Any more to this rumor?

If you look at the latest from the reporter who started it (McCOY), he states that he got it from a reliable source from the White Sox.

This tells me KW planted it to drive up/determine the interest from other clubs.

The talks may be in the works but he is looking for what he wants.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)

How is it that people who write no better than a 5th grader are paid by newspapers to put together articles?

Regardless, I do agree with him, and the consensus seems to be that the Sox would get more than just Bailey.

Edited by Steve9347

Any more to this rumor?

Welcome to the board. Happy Posting. :gosox3:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
I too will say welcome to this board.

You had me thinking you were Anthrax for a second, but that rumor has been shot down much like this Homer Bailey one.

Ouch! Hit me below the belt why dont you. :lolhitting

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
If you look at the latest from the reporter who started it (McCOY), he states that he got it from a reliable source from the White Sox.

This tells me KW planted it to drive up/determine the interest from other clubs.

The talks may be in the works but he is looking for what he wants.

I think you're right. Sounds like Kenny is driving business for Dye and whomever else. A far cry from what he's recently said about not trading any more vets. Suppose that just part of the poker game he plays.

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
Welcome to the board. Happy Posting. :gosox3:

Thanks man. :gosox3:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
How is it that people who write no better than a 5th grader are paid by newspapers to put together articles?

Regardless, I do agree with him, and the consensus seems to be that the Sox would get more than just Bailey.

He's just flat out old.

Dye for Bailey + minor leaguers was the deal in place.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)
I believe the Anthrax comment was in reference to a former poster using that name.

I know Mr. Anthrax from other boards. He's quite the character.

After reading the rumors maybe I have under valued Dye. I really didnt think he would be worth more than just Bailey. If the rumors true then lets get all we can.

QUOTE (1399 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)

Any more to this rumor?

lol. I knew it. Your tone was completely different this morning.

I really love JD and wish we didn't have to trade him, but we really don't want another year with the big 3 base cloggers. Man oh man, too bad we couldn't trade Thome.

I have come to the fact that JD is 99% gone, and have been saying he's gonna be traded for a while, but with all the news of the trade almost being done, I have been getting really sad at the idea of JD being gone.