i am drunk in 2009

Heads22

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must say I expected much better out of this thread. We've had like a 5 page prorgession in maybe the last 3 months. I've been trying to settle (read: find a job) in DC for the last few months so I haven't had much time here but I hereby announce my candidacy for for drunkest soxtalker of ever!... at this given moment... But seriously, where is everyone on this thread? I expected to see some profress and some hilarity in the time i've been away and there has been... seriously, I've either too drunk or too disintersted to continue what I'm saying. More, I say! I hope to do my part

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Everclear leaves me with a bad hangover. But that Apple Pie tasted sooo good!

I had a straight shot of that s*** (Everclear). It's disgusting - made me feel like I had a sore throat after I had it.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (The Beast @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 12:41 AM)
I had a straight shot of that s*** (Everclear). It's disgusting - made me feel like I had a sore throat after I had it.

Did I actually just read you and drinking in the same sentence? No it can't be..... :o :o :o :o

I must be hopped on pop (damn pepsi) or something. :blink: :wacko:

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
Did I actually just read you and drinking in the same sentence? No it can't be..... :o :o :o :o

I must be hopped on pop (damn pepsi) or something. :blink: :wacko:

Dude - I'm 21. It's legal to drink. I don't do it often, but I don't mind having something to drink once in awhile. I just don't pound it like some others do. Tonight I tried a shot of straight vodka, had a miller light and then did the shot of straight everclear. Followed up by lots of cherry Coke.

Might I add that drinking isn't really that big of a deal.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (The Beast @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 12:55 AM)
Dude - I'm 21. It's legal to drink. I don't do it often, but I don't mind having something to drink once in awhile. I just don't pound it like some others do. Tonight I tried a shot of straight vodka, had a miller light and then did the shot of straight everclear. Followed up by lots of cherry Coke.

Might I add that drinking isn't really that big of a deal.

LOL, I'm sorry just with all the bullcrap many here have had to put up with you on this issue over the years, I just find it very humbling and very hilarious. I mean there was recent thread just a few months back on you against it. Though I don't wanna stir this thread up or backtrack it so I'll just leave it alone. Welcome to the game though. :cheers

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 01:55 AM)
I love Everclear also. I think the only drink which always makes me have "stories" or "bad experiences" or really get to me is Jäger.

Man, Everclear gave me my worst experience ever. I was drinking Tucker Death Mix (Everclear/Gatorade/Red Bull) so I was up till like 5 AM hammered as all hell, puked my brains out, then was waken up at 9 and dragged to breakfast where I proceeded to pay for all 7 people that I went with. I don't recall breakfast. My Chase account did.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 12:55 AM)
I love Everclear also. I think the only drink which always makes me have "stories" or "bad experiences" or really get to me is Jäger.

I love Jager :D............i had multiple shots of grey goose just now which i think im gunna regret this morning

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 01:21 AM)
Just curious, but how did you feel after that?

I was perfectly fine. Again, having drinks is not a big deal whatsoever. Jager is good, I bought some of that and brought it with to Western Michigan University for a Halloween party last weekend. Apple cider and jager isn't too bad, though it could be better.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 01:05 AM)
LOL, I'm sorry just with all the bullcrap many here have had to put up with you on this issue over the years, I just find it very humbling and very hilarious. I mean there was recent thread just a few months back on you against it. Though I don't wanna stir this thread up or backtrack it so I'll just leave it alone. Welcome to the game though. :cheers

Yeah, well times change, people change and s*** happens. It doesn't make me an alcoholic and it certainly hasn't changed me in the slightest bit. I don't get to the weekend and think, well s***, it's time to get hammered. I just take situations as they come and much like life, roll with it.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 04:04 AM)
I love Jager :D............i had multiple shots of grey goose just now which i think im gunna regret this morning

I'm 30 and love Jager, yet everyone makes fun of me for it. "What are you? In high school?"

Screw em.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
I was perfectly fine. Again, having drinks is not a big deal whatsoever. Jager is good, I bought some of that and brought it with to Western Michigan University for a Halloween party last weekend. Apple cider and jager isn't too bad, though it could be better.

Yeah, well times change, people change and s*** happens. It doesn't make me an alcoholic and it certainly hasn't changed me in the slightest bit. I don't get to the weekend and think, well s***, it's time to get hammered. I just take situations as they come and much like life, roll with it.

This is pretty much what everyone was telling you when you were pretty much yelling at us that we were all alcoholic morons. We arent calling you an alcoholic now, just pointing out how ironic it is that you are enjoying it.

It only changes you if you let it. Otherwise, in a controlled environment, its pretty damn fun.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
This is pretty much what everyone was telling you when you were pretty much yelling at us that we were all alcoholic morons. We arent calling you an alcoholic now, just pointing out how ironic it is that you are enjoying it.

It only changes you if you let it. Otherwise, in a controlled environment, its pretty damn fun.

I wouldn't say that drinking is something that I enjoy doing. I do not mind trying new things but there has been nothing that is out of the ordinary amazing about alcohol. A lot of people I have seen do in fact have alcohol issues. There are also many who do not. What I enjoy is when people aren't being idiots and are there just to be social and have a good time. You know, the ones that want to get to know you and give two s***s that you are at the party, social gathering or whatever. Just not frat parties. f*** frat parties.

I'm willing to vouch that some people do look forward to getting hammered over the weekend. Again I have to use the word some before people because I know many of you hate generalizations. Some people enjoy doing their own hobbies. I will say though that if a person DOES need alcohol to have fun, they obviously have issues.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (The Beast @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
I wouldn't say that drinking is something that I enjoy doing. I do not mind trying new things but there has been nothing that is out of the ordinary amazing about alcohol. A lot of people I have seen do in fact have alcohol issues. There are also many who do not. What I enjoy is when people aren't being idiots and are there just to be social and have a good time. You know, the ones that want to get to know you and give two s***s that you are at the party, social gathering or whatever. Just not frat parties. f*** frat parties.

I'm willing to vouch that some people do look forward to getting hammered over the weekend. Again I have to use the word some before people because I know many of you hate generalizations. Some people enjoy doing their own hobbies. I will say though that if a person DOES need alcohol to have fun, they obviously have issues.

I love getting hammered. I look forward to it when I know it's in my near future. Doesn't make me an alcoholic. There's a difference between looking forward to getting hammered to where it impairs your ability to function on a day-to-day basis and looking forward to getting hammered because you know it'll be a good time. I get my s*** done, I work my ass off during the week, and I unwind hard over the weekend. You seem to take the biggest idiot of the idiots and base your opinions of the whole on that small group of jackasses.

And this is just a personal opinion, but if you're drinking to be more social, well, that kind of makes you hypocritical. I do agree, however, that frats and frat parties can suck it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
I love getting hammered. I look forward to it when I know it's in my near future. Doesn't make me an alcoholic. There's a difference between looking forward to getting hammered to where it impairs your ability to function on a day-to-day basis and looking forward to getting hammered because you know it'll be a good time. I get my s*** done, I work my ass off during the week, and I unwind hard over the weekend. You seem to take the biggest idiot of the idiots and base your opinions of the whole on that small group of jackasses.

And this is just a personal opinion, but if you're drinking to be more social, well, that kind of makes you hypocritical. I do agree, however, that frats and frat parties can suck it.

Me and another dude were punching each other in the stomach repeatedly last night.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)

I simply do not understand the mindset of "I want to get wasted!!! Yay..." I never said it made you an alcoholic. Neither did I say people who drink do not get their work done throughout the week. I saw a lot of idiots who were in frats when I was at Eastern and I also have been to a few frat parties. They do not care that you are there.

Let me put it this way. I don't go to a party anticipating that I'm going to get trashed. I go to parties to try and meet people and discover what people mean when they say, "you meet your friends of a lifetime at school." Another positive about going to a smaller private school is there is no frats or sororities and I might be able to find "my people." If not, well I have my piece of paper (the BSBA) and am walking away with an education.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 7, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
Me and another dude were punching each other in the stomach repeatedly last night.

What does that have to do with anything?

Edited by The Beast