2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
Im sure there have been instances, every fanbase is going to have its fair share of creepers. Just remember everytime you knock cubby fans your knocking bulls/bears fans too which most of us on this board also cheer for.

I honestly have no idea what your point is here. Most of the "new" Hawks fans that I hate are also the fairweather Cubs fans I hate as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow did that bullpen implode. Why does this thread cease to exist when the cubs are playing bad.

Lil Fontenot during hte Hawks game was classic at third and the enemic D'Backs offense really showed how mediocorethe cubs can be.

Dempster is coming down to earth and Marmol really needs to regain his stuff or it will be a long year. The best approach with Marmol is to wait him out.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
It's not even May yet. They could have waited a day.

I agree it's early, but I think he got a free pass with the Bradley deal when it happened. There should have been articles questioning it. Look at how few games he plays every year, the one time he played over 140 he was basically average and then look how few he's ever played in the field. Especially after Abreu's and Dunn's contracts it is even worse of a deal. Now the thing people will use to defend him with the Abreu and Dunn contracts are that they were so much later, but part of being a GM is seeing where the market is going, which he clearly did not do.

As the architect of a winner, Jim Hendry is enjoying a nice run in Chicago. But he does have critics. They argue he mostly has thrown money at the Cubs' deficiencies.

That's basically all he's done for about five years. And people are starting to complain now? Other than assf***ing the Pirates way back in 2003 and the Lee/Choi trade that following off-season, Hendry has proven to be inept as far creativity and maneuvering goes.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
That's basically all he's done for about five years. And people are starting to complain now? Other than assf***ing the Pirates way back in 2003 and the Lee/Choi trade that following off-season, Hendry has proven to be inept as far creativity and maneuvering goes.

What? So you are saying that Soriano isnt worth 140 million over 8 years? Blasphemer

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
I know Zambrano a pretty good pinch hitting pitcher...but pinch hitting him with 2 on and 1 out before taking anyone off of your bench!?!?! Obviously they think they are in for a long day !

They're a man short already due to Aramis being injured. I don't see the problem with it, as Zambrano has as much power as anyone on that roster besides Soriano/Aramis. Harden had a terrible start today (about time for a DL stint), but the Marlins pitcher is awful!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
They're a man short already due to Aramis being injured. I don't see the problem with it, as Zambrano has as much power as anyone on that roster besides Soriano/Aramis. Harden had a terrible start today (about time for a DL stint), but the Marlins pitcher is awful!

Forgot about Ramirez

QUOTE (kane0730 @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
It would be great if the Cubs hang on and lose this game today. They were HUGE favorites (-$300). The panic level would reach a new high for the year.

You should know better than posting this!!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
How close was Hanley to tying the game with 2 outs in the 9th? Says fly out to deep center.

It wasn't far at all, half way between the dirt of the infield and the warning track.