Official Opening Day Post Game Thread

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
800 career games played for Joe and not a single bunt hit. If third basemen are going to play Josh back like Gordon did today, it's nice to know that Josh is willing and capable of dropping down a bunt and beating it out with that good speed of his.

And post 2006 Crede could NEVER make the play Josh did on the throw home.

+1

I've always felt that josh is exceptional going to his left even the times i saw him down at AAA, its the routine plays and ranging to his right that hes going to strugle with. I feel the routine play errors will come down in time with more ML experience, as for ranging to his right, lets hope Alexei or Slayer can pick him up in the future. All in all, I really like the package that Fields brings to the table, now that his knee is healed, i think hes capable of stealing 15-20 bags this year and doing the little things on the bases.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
+1

I've always felt that josh is exceptional going to his left even the times i saw him down at AAA, its the routine plays and ranging to his right that hes going to strugle with. I feel the routine play errors will come down in time with more ML experience, as for ranging to his right, lets hope Alexei or Slayer can pick him up in the future. All in all, I really like the package that Fields brings to the table, now that his knee is healed, i think hes capable of stealing 15-20 bags this year and doing the little things on the bases.

Wasn't the play he made today going to his right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
Wasn't the play he made today going to his right?

Yes.

I think he has it reversed. Fields missed a ball to his left today (though honestly I'm pretty sure most would have missed that one), and he has looked to me to be weaker to his left. He is stronger to his right, especially with that cannon QB arm of his.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
Yes.

I think he has it reversed. Fields missed a ball to his left today (though honestly I'm pretty sure most would have missed that one), and he has looked to me to be weaker to his left. He is stronger to his right, especially with that cannon QB arm of his.

Out of the 2 options I think I'd prefer him being strong going to the right, esp. if Alexei can show the range at SS he showed on some work today. If nothing else, good range to your right can save a fair number of doubles.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
Out of the 2 options I think I'd prefer him being strong going to the right, esp. if Alexei can show the range at SS he showed on some work today. If nothing else, good range to your right can save a fair number of doubles.

I agree.

And as much of a fan of Crede's as I was, I think its unfair to try to compare Fields to a healthy Crede. But I do think that Josh will turn into a decent player over there, maybe even better than average. And I think this year he'll be better than the 2008 back back and sailing throws Crede, overall.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
Bring back AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

This "official" business is just silliness.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
seconded

I miss the Nuke titles

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
This thread is lame.

People are obviously free to post whatever they'd like. But I don't see the harm in a more detailed post-game thread that breaks down what just transpired in a little more depth.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
People are obviously free to post whatever they'd like. But I don't see the harm in a more detailed post-game thread that breaks down what just transpired in a little more depth.

Where's the depth? It's the same thread with a different title.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
Really? GTFO, because that's all you are going to get this year. :lolhitting

Haha, I was joking

But seriously though, I was surprised no one mentioned we didn't draw a walk

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
Haha, I was joking

But seriously though, I was surprised no one mentioned we didn't draw a walk

I don't say this much, but umpire was giving Meche pitches that Buerhle couldn't dream of getting. I know Mark struggled, but that was ridiculous.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
I don't say this much, but umpire was giving Meche pitches that Buerhle couldn't dream of getting. I know Mark struggled, but that was ridiculous.

From where I was sitting it looked like Buerhle was getting squeezed early and that ran up his pitch count. A.J. was not moving his mitt and the pitches were called balls.

Getz has great range.

Thome is not clutch...oh wait...scratch that

The pen looks really solid.

I feel bad for Wise but they need to end that experiment sooner rather than later.

Weather was great in the sun, not sure about the shady folks. Real good crowd.

The team is slow 4-7 everyone knew that all along.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
From where I was sitting it looked like Buerhle was getting squeezed early and that ran up his pitch count. A.J. was not moving his mitt and the pitches were called balls.

Getz has great range.

Thome is not clutch...oh wait...scratch that

The pen looks really solid.

I feel bad for Wise but they need to end that experiment sooner rather than later.

Weather was great in the sun, not sure about the shady folks. Real good crowd.

The team is slow 4-7 everyone knew that all along.

I don't know about Getz's range. He made the plays, and knew where to throw but I reserve judgement on his range as of now.