Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditka took a lot of s*** from Keyshaun when he made that pick, but he was very confident about it. And it was the difference between Ditka winning the overall picks vs Keyshaun too. Before the game Ditka was 13-2 and Keyshaun was 12-3

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 04:10 AM)
I thought Romo should have gotten in before Eli, as it's argubly been Romo's best season as a pro, and he's a much more consistent QB now who doesn't turn the ball over like he used to.

Good thing neither Romo nor Eli made the pro bowl.

Here is a look at the full NFC Pro Bowl team.

Quarterback: Drew Brees of the Saints, Brett Favre of the Vikings, Aaron Rodgers of the Packers.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
You could get a 3rd for Hester no problem.

A team is not going to give up a 3rd round pick for a kick returner who is no longer returning kicks. Hester has not learned the Bears offense enough to be considered anything more than a bad number 2 or decent number 3. What is his value when placed in a new system that he has to learn? Hester is also making a decent sum of money although the reciever incentives will never be met.

If Manning is on this team he will be returning kicks with Knox next year and Bennett will return punts...they did as well as Hester this year.

I think they could possibly get a third but I do not think they could get a third easily.

At this point in his career for the money he is making there are more questions about Hester than guarantees and the fact that the Bears did not miss him in the return game is interesting to me and I assume GM's would think so as well.

2006 Hester is worth a number 2 or 3....current Hester....not so sure.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 07:29 AM)
A team is not going to give up a 3rd round pick for a kick returner who is no longer returning kicks. Hester has not learned the Bears offense enough to be considered anything more than a bad number 2 or decent number 3. What is his value when placed in a new system that he has to learn? Hester is also making a decent sum of money although the reciever incentives will never be met.

If Manning is on this team he will be returning kicks with Knox next year and Bennett will return punts...they did as well as Hester this year.

I think they could possibly get a third but I do not think they could get a third easily.

At this point in his career for the money he is making there are more questions about Hester than guarantees and the fact that the Bears did not miss him in the return game is interesting to me and I assume GM's would think so as well.

2006 Hester is worth a number 2 or 3....current Hester....not so sure.

2006 Hester would have gotten a 1st rounder and more. Your severely under-valuing this guys trade value. The guy was taken in the 2nd round, has produced in the NFL, and has talent and many teams would love to have there hands on an athlete like him.

He is at least worth a 3rd round pick and It wouldn't shock me if you could get a 2nd round for him. His contract is very cap friendly.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
If a team offered a 1st and a 4th for Tillman and Hester, would you do it?

In a second.

I love Peanut, but he does get hurt a lot and the Bears could use the picks

Would there be some CBs in free agency? Uncapped and all next year probably.

Edited by Brian

Aside from the fact that no one ever would give a 1st round pick for Hester at any point in his career, no one would offer a 1st and 4th for Hester AND Tillman..

You need to be a superstar player or be at a premium position like LT or QB to be traded for a 1st rounder.. its hard for some teams to move a star WR for a 1st round pick..

When is the last time a star rookie was traded DURING his breakout rookie season? Theoretically he is worth a first rounder because that's what first rounders are expected to do but since that never happens, basically ever, it's a moot point and not really worth discussing.

Two things:

1) It's clearly evident that the Bears coaching is the worst in the league.

2) It's clearly evident that the Bears front office is one of the worst in the league (at least in terms of valuing draft picks).

Other franchises actually have these things called draft picks (a lot of them in fact), and unlike the Bears, they don't waste them on people that haven't played a single down for them (see: Adams, Gaines). If you're a team like the Patriots (who don't really NEED Hester, but could use him), you wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick as a gamble to see if you could use a guy like Hester, who we all know has the athleticism, speed, and moves to make immediate impact (and whose salary is reasonable and based on incentives), but who in the Bears' system couldn't become a decent WR? I think if the Bears announced that Hester was available for a 2nd or 3rd round pick(s), you'd have 3-4 teams on the phone in a day.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
2006 Hester would have gotten a 1st rounder and more. Your severely under-valuing this guys trade value. The guy was taken in the 2nd round, has produced in the NFL, and has talent and many teams would love to have there hands on an athlete like him.

He is at least worth a 3rd round pick and It wouldn't shock me if you could get a 2nd round for him. His contract is very cap friendly.

Without doing any research the Cardinals wanted and could not get a number 2 for Bouldin.

I think the Bears could get a 3 but it would not be that easy.

What the Colts did last week was one of the most gutless things I've ever seen in professional sports. And Angry Sideline Peyton Manning would tell you the same thing.

"When you compare the '09 Colts to the '07 Patriots, I am going to say something that a lot of people are thinking but aren't saying: At least the '07 Patriots had the guts to go for it," Bruschi said on ESPN. "That's what they did, that's what the Indianapolis Colts didn't do, and that's their problem."

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 07:53 AM)
Without doing any research the Cardinals wanted and could not get a number 2 for Bouldin.

I think the Bears could get a 3 but it would not be that easy.

Boldin was different becuase of all of the money you'd have to dole out as well. Look at what the Lions got for Roy Williams.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
Boldin was different becuase of all of the money you'd have to dole out as well. Look at what the Lions got for Roy Williams.

It was the Cowboys though, and Williams has been a huge bust for them.. I am sure they regret that deal

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
What the Colts did last week was one of the most gutless things I've ever seen in professional sports. And Angry Sideline Peyton Manning would tell you the same thing.

yes yes greg, most gutless thing ever. When they did it before, same thing. blah blah hyperbole blah blah someone else said it too

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 02:44 AM)
Aside from the fact that no one ever would give a 1st round pick for Hester at any point in his career, no one would offer a 1st and 4th for Hester AND Tillman..

You need to be a superstar player or be at a premium position like LT or QB to be traded for a 1st rounder.. its hard for some teams to move a star WR for a 1st round pick..

Terrell Owens, prior to the 2004 season, was initially dealt for a 2nd round pick, and TO was really f***ing good 5 years ago too.

Hester is an explosive #2 receiver at best. He has no place as the #1 receiver on any team, and anybody willing to give up more than a 3rd round pick for him is crazy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Terrell Owens, prior to the 2004 season, was initially dealt for a 2nd round pick, and TO was really f***ing good 5 years ago too.

Hester is an explosive #2 receiver at best. He has no place as the #1 receiver on any team, and anybody willing to give up more than a 3rd round pick for him is crazy.

TO was dealt for a 2nd round pick, but at the same time, there were somewhat more complex issues. For example, he was attempting to be declared a free agent and was challenging things in court...beyond just the personality problems.