If Pods gets recalled, will Fields change his #?

Steve9347

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Why don't we stop sucking off that 2005 team?

Seriously. I appreciate what they did in 2005 but I'm not buying into the eternal admiration we're supposed to show for these players. Maybe it's because they won a World Series when I was 18 so I don't qualify as a "long suffering" Sox fan but I'm not going to suck off each player who contributed to a win or had a big hit in '05. The return of an '05 "hero" now past his prime and looking to keep his career alive via minor league deals doesn't get me all giggly. He was a good player for us for the majority of the 2005 season and he's had a decent major league career outside of that year but he's really not any damn good these days, if it were up to me he could have any number that's not currently taken or #47.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
I understand all of you who think Pods should not be given 22 back.

However, he is a huge part of this franchise. I'd be shocked if Fields didn't offer the number back or offer to switch back to #27.

Fields can take #7, It would look better on him then Jerry Owens. Pods in 22.

So Josh, a member of the team from opening day, should give the guy the signed to a minor league deal, his number? this wasn't a free agent situation where you trade for the grizzled vet to make one last run, this is pods. josh can offer but pods should not expect or accept, he's now a guy without a team and signing a minor league deal, take the number you're given.

:cheers

welcome

i dont think the players put too much stock in their numbers unless they have had the same for like 5 or more years. If pods gets 22 then all the fans with those jerseys could become relevant again. until scottie has to make a catch up against the fence. yikes

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Why don't we stop sucking off that 2005 team?

I can only speak for myself, but I'll suck that team off until the day I die. Does another 9 decades have to go by before some can truly appreciate how extraterrestrial that year was? We're not the Yankees or Red Sox or Lakers or Steelers or Red Wings. Going by our history, there's a good chance no currently living White Sox fan will ever again feel the unequaled joy that came from witnessing the team you put your heart, sweat, blood, tears, soul, ect into hold that trophy. Ask any Cub fan (the non-retarded ones) what they'd give for that one magical moment.

Yes, I realize that arguing Fields should give up his number for Pods should he get called up is complete nonsense. I'm more or less referring to those that consistently bash those who probably do overrate players from that team. My point is that when you really think about it, it's understandable.

2005FOUREVA!

Edited by Jordan4life

I get the feeling that people who ask us to forget 2005 and the players of 2005 weren't there to enjoy it...

...were too young to understand or appreciate that a lot of us waited 10, 20, or 30+ years for it (if not more)...

...or hadn't jumped the bandwagon because it wasn't 2006 yet...

Whatever the case may be, let me not be the first, but one of the many that was there to enjoy every second of it, who was old enough to understand it, and had gone through enough losing to appreciate it...that tells you to f*** off and die in a fire the likes of Hell on Earth.

2005 :wub: