Ozzie with his usual empty threats after loss like this

caulfield12

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 6, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
I can tell though. A couple more losses and this place is going to be nuts. I'm still waiting for the first, "BRING UP, RANDY WILLIAMS" thread..

Are you kidding, I wish we could put money on which player is called out in a specific thread after tonight's game!

It was Pods on Monday, Broadway on Tuesday...maybe it will be the National Anthem singer or Southpaw.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
Are you kidding, I wish we could put money on which player is called out in a specific thread after tonight's game!

It was Pods on Monday, Broadway on Tuesday...maybe it will be the National Anthem singer or Southpaw.

Dude, you're one to complain. But at least you don't start entire threads about it. :lol:

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 6, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
I read the title of this thread as "Caulfield with his usual post game 'the world is ending' threads after loss like this"

wierd

Ozzie mouthed off. It happens just like doo doo. Reality of it is --- just who could be going down to the minors and what do we have to replace him? Probably nothing better than we have now

QUOTE (Cali @ May 6, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
WSI is positive? I know I havent even been on there in many many years, but I remember it being a black hole of nothing but bitter old people (sorry to all the bitter old people here)

I remember hearing one of the cotton heads, pre-2005, proclaim the Sox would win the series before the cubs, but after hell froze over. "Shiny Happy people..." Or whackjob "proven theories" about how if anything good happens to the Sox, something bad will ALWAYS happen.

I honestly wonder how some of the people of the site dealt with the sox winning the World Series. Sure they were excited but also had to be a bit empty inside that they couldn't b**** about how they'll never win one....

This is a reality that will apply to all sports message boards - it is easier to be negative than positive. Think about it... you put nothing at stake. If your bad omens come true, you win, because you were right (which for some is the ultimate goal of being here). If the team surprises and does well, you still win, as a fan of that team. Plus its easier to make it seem like you know stuff when you are overly critical. Its really a win-win-win, if you are concerned with what others think of your opinions on the board. Risk nothing, lose nothing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
So would it make soxtalk a more enjoyable site if it was a complete circle jerk for all things White Sox? Personally I think the level of discourse is enhanced by having a diverse range of opinions.

It would be nice if I didn't have to see threads after every game where, for example, Paul Konerko goes 0-4 with 2 K's and a GIDP and a poster starts up a thread calling for him to be taken out back and shot.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 6, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
It would be nice if I didn't have to see threads after every game where, for example, Paul Konerko goes 0-4 with 2 K's and a GIDP and a poster starts up a thread calling for him to be taken out back and shot.

Avoid those threads.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
Avoid those threads.

I do (I was ignoring this one at first and only read "KW should be embarrassed" for comic relief), but there's usually 4 or 5 of them at any given time.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 6, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
I do (I was ignoring this one at first and only read "KW should be embarrassed" for comic relief), but there's usually 4 or 5 of them at any given time.

Then I suggest you avoid my "Lillibridge should be waterboarded" thread I'm just about to post.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
Guillen had the worst game of anyone last night. He let's guys get themselves out of slumps. The thing is, in certain sitautions guys have no shot (i.e. Getz and Ramirez last night).

Maybe tonight will be different.

Jose???

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
Guillen had the worst game of anyone last night. He let's guys get themselves out of slumps. The thing is, in certain sitautions guys have no shot (i.e. Getz and Ramirez last night).

Maybe tonight will be different.

That's what all good managers do. If a guy is slumping and you straight up bench him, when the player is very talented, you are not going to last long as a manager.

Because if you really want to see an middle infield combo of Jayson Nix and Brent Lillibridge, then that's the hell you've created and I want no part of it.

Nobody wants that, but seriously, there is a line between being a realist, and tying a rope around your neck every night. It really gets old, and it gets hard to scroll past what I don't want to read because everybody is panicking at once.

Thome has four home runs. John Buck has three.

Didn't Jimmy also have a horrible at bat last night late with a runner on third. I was a little surprised the veteran didn't come through there or at least make contact.

I'm a little surprised people get pissed off at length of posts or starting new threads. Isn't that why you are on here, to check out people's opinions? I thought that's what this was for. Weird.

That on paper is not that bad a lineup, especially if the old Lexi is playing in place of Nix. Pods may suck but he at least has had some hits and some good at bats.

Yet the team is last in runs scored? Something is wrong.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
That on paper is not that bad a lineup, especially if the old Lexi is playing in place of Nix. Pods may suck but he at least has had some hits and some good at bats.

Yet the team is last in runs scored? Something is wrong.

Horrible situational hitting.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)

Didn't Jimmy also have a horrible at bat last night late with a runner on third. I was a little surprised the veteran didn't come through there or at least make contact.

I'm a little surprised people get pissed off at length of posts or starting new threads. Isn't that why you are on here, to check out people's opinions? I thought that's what this was for. Weird.

Example of a post I won't criticize: "Wow, Jim Thome had a pretty s***ty couple of games, maybe he needs a day of rest"

Example of a post where I will laugh at you or openly question your intelligence/sanity: (after Thome strikes out) "Wow, the Sox need to DL Thome and send him to rehab in AAA, he's killing this team, we're screwed with him on the roster"

Example of a post I won't criticize: "Gavin Floyd hasn't looked so good in his starts this year, I'm worried that he will regress a lot this year"

Example of a post where I will laugh at you or openly question your intelligence/sanity: (after seeing him in his first bad outing) "Gavin Floyd will be terrible this year, thanks KW, this team will finish under .500 now!"

Oh yeah, and starting a thread about the same thing over and over for weeks (I won't mention names or subjects).

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)

Big Papi is still looking for #1 this season.

Great idea to put Nix at SS. It's always well-informed to put career 2B who have played 40 games their entire career at the position (and of course, when they were 18, eight years ago) at the most difficult position on the diamond.

Wait, he played a few games then on his rehab assignment. That makes it a sure bit to work out, since he didn't make an error in RF, and he ONLY made two questionable plays at 3B the other night (one was saved by a miraculous Konerko snag of a throw that wasn't even close to the bag, the the other a muffed ball that led to the missing on an easy DP).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
Great idea to put Nix at SS. It's always well-informed to put career 2B who have played 40 games their entire career at the position (and of course, when they were 18, eight years ago) at the most difficult position on the diamond.

Wait, he played a few games then on his rehab assignment. That makes it a sure bit to work out, since he didn't make an error in RF the other night, and he ONLY made two questionable plays at 3B the other night (one was saved by a miraculous Konerko snag of a throw that wasn't even close to the bag, the the other a muffed ball that led to the missing on an easy DP).

It will be interesting. He certainly was a little shaky with his throws at 3rd. If he can make the throws, and he does have a pretty strong arm, he should be OK.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 6, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)

Your are right sir!