But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me

That we will live the years together

But there are dreams that cannot be

And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be

So different from this hell I'm living

So different now from what it seemed

Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fields and Anderson should both just be sent packing.

It's obvious 1) we won't get anything in return for them at this point, 2) they both need a change of scenery and/or a new hitting coach.

It's just not going to happen for them in Chicago, two more blown first-round draft picks in a streak of almost 15 years of bad ones.

Not an Ozzie basher, but NO F'IN reason not to PH for Fields there with Zumaya on the mound, no reason not to use Nix/Beckham/Anderson defensively in the top of the 9th and NO REASON WHATSOEVER to leave Thornton on the bench as well in the most critical game of the season up to that point. Actually another point, absolutely ZERO REASON to let Wise bat there too, he's obviously not 100% and has ZERO TIMING, and yet Ozzie expects last year's string of luck to continue and for Wise to get a miracle hit against a 98-100 MPH fastball.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Fields and Anderson should both just be sent packing.

It's obvious 1) we won't get anything in return for them at this point, 2) they both need a change of scenery and/or a new hitting coach.

It's just not going to happen for them in Chicago, two more blown first-round draft picks in a streak of almost 15 years of bad ones.

But Josh Anderson sure does look good...

What did they trade to get him again? Looks like Kenny missed out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
But Josh Anderson sure does look good...

What did they trade to get him again? Looks like Kenny missed out.

We missed out on Jackson, Josh Anderson and Pavano, although nobody could have seen that last one coming.

I'll add Porcello to the list, just because the White Sox were clearly outspent by a mid-market team in our own division that was more committed to winning than we were...even this year, when the market's so down for Detroit because of the economic downturn.

I'm sure Jackson and Porcello will both beat the White Sox a couple more times this season.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
Wise, Fields, and Anderson all should be gone by tomorrow, but will probably be here til next year.

If Wise isn't gone come Wednesday, then something is seriously wrong with this organization.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
Wise, Fields, and Anderson all should be gone by tomorrow, but will probably be here til next year.

There is no reason for Dewayne Wise to exist. Last year was great, thanks for the game-saving catch earlier this season in Motown, but you're not part of the solution, you're a part of the problem, especially if Ozzie continues to play you like a regular.

But that's back on Kenny again...no major league roster was more gutted/decimated than the 2008 White Sox going into the 2009 season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
If Wise isn't gone come Wednesday, then something is seriously wrong with this organization.

The fact that Wise is STILL here proves there is something seriously wrong with this organization. Little late to fix it.

Wise being on the roster/starting after a third of the season is one of the worst blunders of Kenny's era.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
I hope there are a lot of boos at the game tonight. The fans need to start showing they won't put up for paying full price to watch some AA team play ML ball.

I'd rather see the Barons out there right now....

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
I hope there are a lot of boos at the game tonight. The fans need to start showing they won't put up for paying full price to watch some AA team play ML ball.

there's been plenty of boos lately. i don't think fans booing is going to have much of an affect on how the team plays.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
there's been plenty of boos lately. i don't think fans booing is going to have much of an affect on how the team plays.

Obviously not, but they need to let the front office know they wont stand for this s***.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
The fact that Wise is STILL here proves there is something seriously wrong with this organization. Little late to fix it.

Wise being on the roster/starting after a third of the season is one of the worst blunders of Kenny's era.

Tito...I usually like you, but I would likely to politely tell you to just take a step back and relax. Wise is on the roster right now cause we have no one else to call up. You do realize it would be Lillibridge most likely? Hopefully CQ comes up on Wednesday, and you will see Wise DFA'd.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)

Beckham SIMPLY HAS to be starting tonight at 3B (or Nix, with Beckham at 2B)...or the fans won't be booing Ozzie when he takes Contreras out in the 2nd or 3rd, it will be the first time in many many years that they will be booing his managing, and rightfully so.

We can't boo KW as easily, or target him in the owner's box, but he's at least 2/3rd's responsible for this debacle, but Ozzie isn't helping matters a bit.