6/18 Sox @ Cubs 1:20 CSN

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
Ozzie's biggest issue, or to me it is anyway, is that he always leaves a guy in for too long. It happens with Buehrle the most out of the starters it seems like, and Linebrink the most out of the bullpen.

How many on? How many outs?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
It's drives me up a wall that Ozzie didn't use one of the two best relievers (IMO Jenks or Thornton) when the best hitters are up (i.e. the heart of the order).

Whatever, though. Annoyed more than ever.

Just like he did in the huge Tigers series. If you didn't know better, you'd think Ozzie believes Linebrink is better than Thornton/Jenks.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
I dont care if I should be able to retire 3 batters, as soon as you see that the pitcher you put in is not going to be able to do that, you f***ing yank them.

How many games have the Sox lost because Ozzie goes to Dotel or Linebrink first, and then calls in Thornton when its to late.

Its not like Thornton has been over used, its just f***ing stupidity.

Well, Thornton inexorably gives up multiple runs when he comes into games with runners on base, but definitely you put Thornton into the game against Soto and force Soto to really dial it up. The guy only had three homers all season coming into that AB.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Man this is going to suck if they walk us off...

I'm expecting it.

Would of been able to handle getting dominated by Zambrano and losing 2-1 than the way we are probably gonna lose.

Hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (yoyozuna @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
How many on? How many outs?

Thornton should have came in, whether it was to start the inning, to face Lee, or to face Soto.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
In case you haven't noticed, Jenks has not been his sharpest in non-save situations.

I read it wrong. My bad.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
I'm expecting it.

Would of been able to handle getting dominated by Zambrano and losing 2-1 than the way we are probably gonna lose.

Hope I'm wrong.

And then have to deal with how this is the turning point of their season