7/4 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 12:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
Between Tejada, Colon, Cruz and Soria, the Royals might lead the league in BP guys that routinely hit 95 MPH with their fastball.

We routinely hit guys who throw 95 and above, so bring it. I would be worried if their bullpen was filled with left handers who throw 85 with a good changeup.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
We routinely hit guys who throw 95 and above, so bring it. I would be worried if their bullpen was filled with left handers who throw 85 with a good changeup.

I agree. I guess I take our guys for granted because I see them every day. But it seems like every reliever the Royals throw out there is bringin' serious heat.

He's been a 1-pitch guy all year. And that was a cheap hit.

In Hindsight I wonder if bringing in Poreda would have been a better move. Dunno but let´s hope the O gets a few runs. I hope Becks come sup again and hits another one out!! Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bringit

Oh well, 2-4 today unless we get some 9th inning heroics. Will be a real tough one but hey this is how the team´s character gets defined, by either pulling this one out or bouncing back tomorrow. Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
This will be a tough loss to swallow. We needed this game in case Richard, the weak link of the rotation, pitched poorly tomorrow.

This will be tough based on the fact that we beat ourselves.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
In Hindsight I wonder if bringing in Poreda would have been a better move. Dunno but let´s hope the O gets a few runs. I hope Becks come sup again and hits another one out!! Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bringit

Matt has been one of the best relievers in all of baseball doing exactly what he did today: Throwing that 98 MPH fastball. No second-guessing from me. He got beat on a cheap hit. s*** happens. I'm much more disturbed by Ramirez's neverending short bus play over at SS.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
This will be a tough loss to swallow. We needed this game in case Richard, the weak link of the rotation, pitched poorly tomorrow.

Sadly giving out the outs on the bases early in the game is what has cost this team dearly today.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
This will be tough based on the fact that we beat ourselves.

Team defense is why I refuse to 100% get on this team's bandwagon. I learned the true impact of good defense in 2005. Before that I used to blow defense off.

QUOTE (elmo9246 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
I wonder how many games Alexei's glove at short has lost us at this point?

Before today, Alexei was a very average SS according to UZR. He has actually saved 0.2 runs before today. Don't know about after though.

I wonder how many games Alexei's glove at short has lost us at this point?

Unfortunately he is still a decent option with his bat so I gotta wonder where the heck Ozzie got that raving analysis about him being a fabulous SS. Bet everyone is wanting to know where he got his facts right about now. :unsure:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
Before today, Alexei was a very average SS according to UZR. He has actually saved 0.2 runs before today. Don't know about after though.

I think it's just the fact that he looks like he has his head in his a** out there. Sometimes he just gets caught not paying attention, way too often for a major league shortstop.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
Between Tejada, Colon, Cruz and Soria, the Royals might lead the league in BP guys that routinely hit 95 MPH with their fastball.

Soria throws nowhere near 95. For his career his fastball velocity is merely 91.