GameThread: White Sox(62-59) vs Orioles(49-72) 7:11pm CSN/WSCR

Kyyle23

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we'll take the series in Boston next week, because, you know, we play up or down to our competition.

That we do.

I just for the life of me can't see us doing better than Detroit did there recently and the Tigers lost 3 of 4.

Losing to Baltimore is no good with that road trip coming up.

I think in June/July of 2009 this year, it would have been possible to get another team to take his contract for 1 1/2 seasons, sure.

We wouldn't have gotten much back at all, but salary relief would have been the main issue...you don't spend $12-13 million per season for an 825 ops when you could get that much more cheaply from any number of other sources.

That we do.

I just for the life of me can't see us doing better than Detroit did there recently and the Tigers lost 3 of 4.

Losing to Baltimore is no good with that road trip coming up.

Honestly, I see 4 losses for us. Boston isn't going to let Chicago just waltz into their house and beat them.

It would be nice if we had that same attitude against teams like Baltimore and Kansas City when they came to our house...

Hopefully our reporters will keep away from Konerko and his tipping his cap routine. I don't need to hear about the excellence of one Jeremy Guthrie. The pitcher who has been getting pummeled for the last 5 starts. Just say you played like crap and stop contributing every loss on some dynamic pitching effort or divine intervention.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
I think in June/July of 2009 this year, it would have been possible to get another team to take his contract for 1 1/2 seasons, sure.

We wouldn't have gotten much back at all, but salary relief would have been the main issue...you don't spend $12-13 million per season for an 825 ops when you could get that much more cheaply from any number of other sources.

Don't believe anyone would have taken him at all unless we paid at least 1/2 of it.

Honestly, I see 4 losses for us. Boston isn't going to let Chicago just waltz into their house and beat them.

I know. I just have a sneaky feeling at this time of the season it will be a Boston massacre of us, followed by a NY massacre. Boston has a GREAT home record and needs the wins.

At least if we lose all 7 we'll know where we stand: out of it.

You know what? If our manager and veterans are serious about somehow winning this thing... tonight would be the night for somebody to completely freak in the locker room.

Turn over tables. Cuss each other out, etc.

Ain't gonna happen though. That's not our team.

But if Thome, Konerko, AJP, Dye want to actually do anything this year, it's time for such a display.

Again ... it ain't gonna happen tho. But it's time. We're going nowhere.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
This team f***ing blows. How many games have we lost to terrible pitchers this year?

We might be out of it before we even go on our road trip.

step back from the ledge sqwert. but this game did indeed suck, and I'm pissed.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
Well we are not a good team. We are a 500 team, we take two steps forward and then two steps back.

we need to go on a run. i think the sox have the talent to do it, but f*** losing to these teams is bulls***.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
we need to go on a run. i think the sox have the talent to do it, but f*** losing to these teams is bulls***.

Teams that kick the ball around, strike out with men on, get guys picked off, and get shut down by crappy pitchers who may or may not visit AAA this year don't go on long winning streaks. We have been a 500 team for the last few months. We are in this position because of our Tigers/Twins loosing 4 out of 5. That pretty much put us behind the 8 ball.

Talented team. Just don't know if they have the will, nor the effort to push this through.

Anyday that Ozzie wants to pull Carl from the 3 hole would be good by me.

I believe the "don't care anymore" threads. I agree. I'll be first to not give up and root like mad if we turn into gangbusters, but as of now I just see crap. Win one, lose one with the road trip of all time coming up. It's time for them to show us diehard fans something.

Edited by greg775

The Sox are a pretty average MLB team. They haven't been very much under .500 all year, and haven't been very much over.500 all year. They are lucky they are in the AL Central or 2010 plans would most likely be in place. Tonight was a tough loss, but they can still take 2 of 3 this series and be alright.

People get so invested, when they play bad baseball, they think they are a 95 loss team, and when they play well they think they are a 95 win team. They are neither, but if they win the games they should win, they will have a chance.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
Dont get all worked up over this

We play Detroit in two series right at the end of the year, thats whats going to matter..

We really played them well this year. I'm sure we'll win all six.