Jim Thome Appreciation Thread

Quin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Thome is obviously one of the classiest guys in the game. It's sad to see him go on that level, plus the fact that this means we'll likely sign Dye for DH next year.

It's a shame that we couldn't accomplish anything major during Thome's tenure here, so maybe he can get something with the Dodgers.

It was nice too see him hit #500 for us, and would've been nice to see #600, but the rest of his tenure here was pretty fruitless.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:14 AM)
No, he's gonna end up with damn near 575 completely legitimate home runs.

He's just that good. :D

While one can be suspicious about anyone playing in this era, it's sad to see you make that statement without any proof on a guy who has been nothing but classy and a top notch player in our organization.

I dunno. I'm on the fence on dealing Thome. I don't mind that he doesn't play for us, but he's such a top-notch character I feel bad that Kenny dealt him to a situation where he will only be in line for pinch-hitting, making his quest for 600 even harder.

However, it's just one month, and knowing Thome, he'd probably prefer to win a Series as a pinch-hitter than jack number 600.

He is a class-act, and I'm glad we had him on the South Side, even though 2006 didn't work out like it really should have.

I am glad the team for a classy way to part with Jim. It makes a s***ty situation better. I usually pull for the AL Central, then AL, in the playoffs. The Dodgers just went to the top of my list.

He'll be back in the AL next season.

Jim never got enough appreciation from the fans in my eyes. The record will show him as one of the great DH's in team history , right there with Icons Frank Thomas and Harold Baines. Those HR into the Fan deck will always be in the air in my memory. May your next bomb come down with a ring on it #25

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 08:14 AM)
Good luck, but I hope you're never back in Chicago. If I had to watch you swing and miss and a slider low and away against a LHP one more time, I think I would've puked.

It's interesting that a guy with Alexei in his sig would take that kind of an issue with one player and not the other.