2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
Someone look out for J4L in case he has a heart attack with all these young guys getting the call.

Oh yes, you know me oh so well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
Who's next?

I'm thinking Jeremy Hellickson or Desmond Jennings. Maybe even both.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
Oh yes, you know me oh so well.

Not as much hype with him, but I still cannot believe that Kila is in AAA. He's fallen back a bit, and his slash line is now just .327/.502/.586/1.089. 502 f***ing OBP - the pitchers in AAA are just not even pitching to him, he's doing this with no lineup protection. He's also got 58 BB against just 39 K.

He's got to come up soon. Did he sleep with the GM's daughter or something?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)

Jennings is blocked. He would have been up a LONG time ago. (probably even last year) Hellickson is a good candidate. I would put a couple of young relievers ahead that most probably won't know, but if I had to choose a position player or starting pitcher... I'll say either Logan Morrison or Brett Wallace (only if Toronto falls out of it.. guys like Chapman have to get his s*** together for a while) possibly Jarrod Parker as far as September as the D-Backs well.... suck.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Not as much hype with him, but I still cannot believe that Kila is in AAA. He's fallen back a bit, and his slash line is now just .327/.502/.586/1.089. 502 f***ing OBP - the pitchers in AAA are just not even pitching to him, he's doing this with no lineup protection. He's also got 58 BB against just 39 K.

He's got to come up soon. Did he sleep with the GM's daughter or something?

He does have Alex Gordon down there nowadays.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
Renyel Pinto was just DFA'd by the Marlins. You know what to do, Kenny.

My god that would be heaven. Still young, and is that "other" lefty I wanted KW to get in the off-season that isn't Randy Williams. I wonder though if the Marlins know something about that hip injury that most don't. Still though, a heck of an arm I would LOVE to get.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
Renyel Pinto was just DFA'd by the Marlins. You know what to do, Kenny.

Why did they do that? His numbers don't look that bad this season. KW, get on the phone now. Randy Williams, start to pack your bags.

Pinto has very bad control...he's better than Williams, but that's not saying much. Also, it's interesting reading Reds message boards. They are freaking out about their starting pitching. Can't really blame them, as they're screwed if Volzquez can't return.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
Pinto has very bad control...he's better than Williams, but that's not saying much. Also, it's interesting reading Reds message boards. They are freaking out about their starting pitching. Can't really blame them, as they're screwed if Volzquez can't return.

Let's just bring up Threets.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Only run was a HR to Jeff Baker, I believe

Yep and unfortunately for Rhodes it cost them the game. He's also stranded 18 of 20 inherited runners, neither of the 2 he allowed really cost the Reds.