2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
I don't think the Rays (nor Yankees) will complain at all if they win the Wild Card. I'm still not sold on Boston, but they have been getting their s*** together too.

Good point. I'm forgetting that either way, unless Boston intervenes, that both teams will be in the playoffs.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 06:25 PM)
Chris Young with a walkoff homer against the very uninspired Cardinals.

That 3 run rally in the top of the 9th was uninspiring?

Carpenter wasn't very good today and only gave up 3 runs. It will be between them and the Reds all year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
That 3 run rally in the top of the 9th was uninspiring?

Carpenter wasn't very good today and only gave up 3 runs. It will be between them and the Reds all year.

Chad Qualls can make anyone look good. The Cardinals seem to sleepwalk through a lot of games. D. Reyes also has a nice stretch going where he's given up 6 runs while retiring 2 hitters.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
And what do you know, the Rays have seemingly been head and shoulders above everybody else all season, and here they are tied with the Yankees for first place. That's going to be some kinda race. There's been rumblings of a Cliff Lee to the Yankees deal possibly in the works. They've got the ammunition. Thing is with the emergence of Phil Hughes and Javy pitching much better of late (though Javy can obviously blow up at anytime), they might not even need Lee.

I think the Yankees trading for Cliff Lee would be irresponsible on their part. Sabathia-Burnett-Pettitte-Hughes is a perfectly formidable postseason rotation, and Javy Vazquez is a good enough #5.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
I think the Yankees trading for Cliff Lee would be irresponsible on their part. Sabathia-Burnett-Pettitte-Hughes is a perfectly formidable postseason rotation, and Javy Vazquez is a good enough #5.

And given that strong rotation there's no reason to give up great young talent for a guy that they can just sign 6 months from now.

Apparently the Rangers and Astros have agreed to the players that would be exchanged in a deal for Roy Oswalt, but Texas needs MLB's approval for the deal because they are as financially starved as they are and Roy Oswalt is due a lot of money.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
Apparently the Rangers and Astros have agreed to the players that would be exchanged in a deal for Roy Oswalt, but Texas needs MLB's approval for the deal because they are as financially starved as they are and Roy Oswalt is due a lot of money.

Oh snap. I may have finally called one that turned out to be true.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
Man, why is the Cardinals/Mariners game getting blacked out? I've never had a Cards game blacked out before...

Wow, I can't believe the mods let you get away with a racist comment like this about Milton Bradley.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
Conor Jackson was traded to the A's. He's an ideal #2 hitter for that lineup, but this really doesn't fill the massive gap in power that the team has.

Seems like both he and Q have been cursed throughout their young mlb careers...