2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
He's actually had like 3-4 really bad outings...he's actually been a decent reliever overall.

Speaking of players on the Yankees, how f***ing good is Robinson Cano? Jesus.

It's either him or Cabrera for MVP to this point. With Longoria and Morneau right behind them, IMO.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
As are the Mets. The top of the NL East should be quite competitive going forward.

I still can't help but feel that the Mets are just patched up team who has played well over about 70 games. I'm waiting for the wheels to come off that bus at any time now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
I still can't help but feel that the Mets are just patched up team who has played well over about 70 games. I'm waiting for the wheels to come off that bus at any time now.

I think they definitely need another starter. Besides that I think they're pretty legit.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
As are the Mets. The top of the NL East should be quite competitive going forward.

At some point the Phillies have to start hitting again, right? They have been going through a way longer than normal slump.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
They will. But their SP outside of Halladay/Hamels is extremely suspect.

True that. I still question Hamels though. He shows flashes of 2008, but then he hangs a couple of pitches and starts giving up homers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
True that. I still question Hamels though. He shows flashes of 2008, but then he hangs a couple of pitches and starts giving up homers.

Hamels is prone to giving up the homer, but he's a legitimate #2 starter.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
They didn't get Roy Halladay in return. They were separate trades.

They wouldn't have gotten Halladay had they not traded Lee, so essentially yes they did trade Lee for Halladay..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
Oh, and for those who want the DH abolished, look no further than David Ortiz and Vlad Guerrero. I f***ing LOVE watching those two hit. Much more fun than watching a pitcher hit, I think.

Except for Gavin's hit yesterday. Thing of beauty!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)

At some point they've got to get Beltran back right?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 02:52 AM)
They wouldn't have gotten Halladay had they not traded Lee, so essentially yes they did trade Lee for Halladay..

They were on the same day, and probably were sent to the Commissioner for approval at the same time. The trade of Lee was made in order to acquire Halladay, you're right.