2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more impressed with a pitcher who strikes out the side than I am with a no-hitter or perfect game this year. And has Tampa come back down to earth or what? I knew they weren't going to stay on that ridiculous pace they were on. But man, they've been exposed.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
I'm more impressed with a pitcher who strikes out the side than I am with a no-hitter or perfect game this year. And has Tampa come back down to earth or what? I knew they weren't going to stay on that ridiculous pace they were on. But man, they've been exposed.

BJ Upton is killing them, now Crawford might be injured, Bartlett has come way, way down to earth, and their pitching is going to come back to earth as well. They are the 3rd or maybe even 4th best team in that division.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
Well, to be fair, Bartlett is usually going to hit 1, 2 or 9. Makes him quite the target to make the last out in a lot of these things...

He had been hitting 7th and 8th up until that game vs the Sox in '08, he happened to be hitting 9th that day. Today there were 10 baserunners and he happened to be the final out.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
He had been hitting 7th and 8th up until that game vs the Sox in '08, he happened to be hitting 9th that day. Today there were 10 baserunners and he happened to be the final out.

Yeah, today was just random, but there is a reason he made the last against Mark and was on deck against Braden.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
BJ Upton is killing them, now Crawford might be injured, Bartlett has come way, way down to earth, and their pitching is going to come back to earth as well. They are the 3rd or maybe even 4th best team in that division.

Wite brought up the '08 Diamondbacks as a reason to not get too crazy over Tampa's start. Looks like he was right.

I think we should all be rooting heavily for the Mariners. The more the Twins' lead shrinks, the more inclined they are to go after Cliff Lee.

So hope the M's get back into this somewhat and hold on to Lee.

Because Minnesota definitely has the prospects to get him.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
I think we should all be rooting heavily for the Mariners. The more the Twins' lead shrinks, the more inclined they are to go after Cliff Lee.

So hope the M's get back into this somewhat and hold on to Lee.

Because Minnesota definitely has the prospects to get him.

Then we need to cheer against Texas as well.

7-3 Astros!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
Jason Bartlett was on deck when Dallas Braden finished off his perfect game.

Well it has to do with where he hits in the batting order.

Even when Jackson allowed what 10 base runners 1 picked off? So falls right back at Bartlett. Tough spot for him really. :)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 11:31 AM)
This no-hitter s*** is getting stupid.

I was going to write this. I never thought I'd say this because it seems crazy to say but now it's kind of boring to see these no-hitters. The reason they're special is because you only get to see one every couple of years, and a perfect game maybe every 5 years. Now you see a no-hitter every couple of weeks.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
I was going to write this. I never thought I'd say this because it seems crazy to say but now it's kind of boring to see these no-hitters. The reason they're special is because you only get to see one every couple of years, and a perfect game maybe every 5 years. Now you see a no-hitter every couple of weeks.

Apparently, in 1990, there were 5 no hitters by this date, there have been 4 this year.