Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
I was kind of thinking it might be nice to get a john mcdonald type elite defender for backup, so this would be nice.

Maybe he can teach Alexei a thing or two.

Bingo. That was my very first thought. This guy is reknown as one of the smartest players to ever play the game. If you can bring a guy like this in to teach your very young IF a few things (both Becks and Ramirez) this is win win.

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
I was kind of thinking it might be nice to get a john mcdonald type elite defender for backup, so this would be nice.

Maybe he can teach Alexei a thing or two.

I noticed that last year he played 2B, SS and 3B. Prior, he had really only played SS. For his defense alone this could be a pretty good move.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
I am sure he will do his filling in, but to me, this is a great move as essentially another coach.

That's the key here. Visquez literally tutored Elvis Andrus last year. This is pretty much like what Lindsay Hunter does for the Bulls, i wouldn't be suprised if this wasn't to help transition Beckham and Alexei into defensive roles.