Gordon Beckham returns to his youth baseball field

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
Don't remember when Beckham won the R.O.Y. award, yet alone playing in the N.L. :lol: but that was a nice video. Beck has some nice tricks over there, teaching the youngsters.

Not shure why the NL roy is on there either, but as a little league coach myself its nice to see a guy give back like this. But to teach kids behind the back stuff like that, at that age ?

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
Not shure why the NL roy is on there either, but as a little league coach myself its nice to see a guy give back like this. But to teach kids behind the back stuff like that, at that age ?

That confused me so much.

Also: The elusive Beckham #80 jersey!

From a coach's perspective myself, it is fun to see him say that you need 5-10 minutes of the 'fun stuff' at the end of practice. I know a lot of guys that got burnt out early because they viewed baseball games/practice as 'work' and not as something to be enjoyed. Everyone that loves to play any sport loves to joke around and pretend to make that Omar Vizquel (is he still alive?) play; have a little fun with it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 01:04 AM)
That confused me so much.

Also: The elusive Beckham #80 jersey!

I may have mentioned it before, but I saw some girl he was nailing/dating/slaying wearing it at a Barons game back in April.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
Any chance Gordon wears #6 in 2010?

He should, but it won't happen because Charley Lau was the last one to wear it, and Reinsdorf probably won't allow it. Plus there are probably a lot of people with #15 Beckham jerseys that don't want him to change now. If jersey sales were popular in 1990, Frank probably would have been 15 his whole career too.