2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

So I'm never going to a cubs game again. We had bleacher seats. Got there before the game began, and got no seat.Then were sitting around 1000 other cubs fans at the same time and left at the sefond inning because we couldn't see. What a bunch of bulls***. If I pay that much, give me a f***ing seat. f*** the cubs and all theif fans. Their sections are divided into ailses and seats, its no that f***ing hard.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
I wish I could have bet money on Dempster shutting out the Astros today. With his slider and all their righties, there was no chance for Houston to do anything.

cub should have been swept at home by the astros and should have lost two of three to the brewers all at home. They honestly could be in worse shape then the Sox and is my silver lining. The cubs have no fire sale material the Sox have enough fire material in their pen as well as with Konerko especially if the powere stays in there....cub nothing.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
cub should have been swept at home by the astros and should have lost two of three to the brewers all at home. They honestly could be in worse shape then the Sox and is my silver lining. The cubs have no fire sale material the Sox have enough fire material in their pen as well as with Konerko especially if the powere stays in there....cub nothing.

Aramis Ramirez has an opt-out clause this offseason and could be a firesale candidate. Derek Lee, if his bat stays hot, ditto.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)

They'll be "in it" well past the deadline. That's how bad that division is. But they definitely have some valuable assets should they decide (I don't think they would) to go that route.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
They'll be "in it" well past the deadline. That's how bad that division is. But they definitely have some valuable assets should they decide (I don't think they would) to go that route.

There's no guarantee that the Cardinals won't be 20 games above .500 by the AS break in that division.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
Aramis Ramirez has an opt-out clause this offseason and could be a firesale candidate. Derek Lee, if his bat stays hot, ditto.

Free agents to be are not goignot getyou all that much though. The difference between Konerko and Lee is that Lee is awild card in free agency who can ask for a decent amount of money. Konerko is almost assurred to have to take a pay cut.

Also the prices the cub charge make a fire sale tough.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Sure but do you think that the follwoing year people are going to pay the prices they are asking. Eventually the novelty will wear off.

They are still paying the prices this year after last season. Unless all of the Wrigleyville bars suddenly close, I don't see the novelty suddenly wearing off any time soon.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
Sure but do you think that the follwoing year people are going to pay the prices they are asking. Eventually the novelty will wear off.

The team was awful in the 90's and built its fanbase rather than having it shrink.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
The team was awful in the 90's and built its fanbase rather than having it shrink.

Community overhaul, Sosa, Wood, Grace, Harry Cary

I just think that at the prices they are asking attendance will tapper off.

Remember this was Year One

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
Like whom? Nathan's injured, so i'll wait to see what comes of that. Who else? Lidge? Unreliable. Papelbon? K-Rod? Pethaps, but given Marmol's dominance it's likely he could be on their level, by the time MO packs it in. Marmol is on the verge of becoming an elite closer, there's no debating that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
Why is there no debating that? He wasnt exactly stellar last year and we have yet to see what he does this year in a full season. The guy's command comes and goes. He's a walk or a strikeout. Personally, I am not sold on that as something indicative of an elite closer. If I was to pick the "next" closer being one that hasnt been around very long, I would take Andrew Bailey and Joakim Soria well before Marmol.

Very disappointed in both of you that Broxton's name was not brought up, and he only turns 26 this year. Broxton is filthy.

I will also say that the only way Marmol is on the verge of becoming an elite closer is if maintains some sort of command of his pitches and if his arm stays on.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 02:53 AM)
jeez, im ALMOST starting to feel sorry for the cubs, its the same thing every single day, heartbreaking losses lol

Their bullpen plan is to what our offensive plan was this year. Both front offices should be fired for having such a high payroll with such glaring holes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
Their bullpen plan is to what our offensive plan was this year. Both front offices should be fired for having such a high payroll with such glaring holes.

Bats are easier to find than bullpen help.

How is that cub offense doing when not able to play in the wind tunnel

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Bullpen 'help' looks to be on the way in the name of Braden Looper. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=chc

LOL. He actually was a pretty servicable reliever for a while and a short-term closer, but that was 5 years ago and he's now 35.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)

Well their manager won't be back in 2011, and I think there's a distinct chance their GM won't be either. We'll probably be stuck with both of ours though still. Does that mean, *shudders*, that the Cubs are actually a step ahead of us?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Well their manager won't be back in 2011, and I think there's a distinct chance their GM won't be either. We'll probably be stuck with both of ours though still. Does that mean, *shudders*, that the Cubs are actually a step ahead of us?

You can't be a step ahead of anyone when you have Soriano's contract on your books for the next several years.