2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
The Phillies need to make a move(s) and they better do it soon. They're nowhere near the same team from 2007-2009.

Without Utley, they weren't going to be. Werth's slump isn't helping either.

I could have struck out 10 with that joke of a strike zone. I agree j4l, the Phillies are in a lot of trouble. And anyone hoping the Cubs do well obviously don't work with a ton of douchebag Cubs fans. Hopefully the Reds and Cardinals play good baseball, because if Aramis is back, the Cubs offense will be pretty tough.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
I could have struck out 10 with that joke of a strike zone. I agree j4l, the Phillies are in a lot of trouble. And anyone hoping the Cubs do well obviously don't work with a ton of douchebag Cubs fans. Hopefully the Reds and Cardinals play good baseball, because if Aramis is back, the Cubs offense will be pretty tough.

Doesn't Aramis have a history of going nuts with the bat when the Cubs are hopelessly out of it?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
Damn, Penny's out for the year? The Cards really need to go get somebody then. Jaime Garcia is innings limited due to his recovery from TJS.

Penny's not recovering well from the muscle injury he has. I wasn't aware of Garcia's limitations.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Penny's not recovering well from the muscle injury he has. I wasn't aware of Garcia's limitations.

I wasn't either until some Cardinals fan friends told me. It's kind of weird to limit a guy who's been pitching so well.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
Every Cubs victory between now and July 31st is a victory for the status quo. So as far as I'm concerned, let them win and thus be stupid at the deadline and not dump anybody they can. Heck, maybe they can even save Jim Hendry's job!

LOL!!!

And the way Ricketts has been talking, OH BOY!

Talk about another 100 years of futility...yikes!

QUOTE (SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
LOL!!!

And the way Ricketts has been talking, OH BOY!

Talk about another 100 years of futility...yikes!

It looks to me like Rickets is almost forced to keep Hendry just for financial reasons. If the Cubs are that broke, have to sell off their high salaried players for pennies on the dollar and go with kids, repair their run down ballpark, and still charge high ticket prices; then the Sox could be primed to take a larger market share in the Chicago area. If we could put together a strong pennent push this season and next, we could own this city.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
It looks to me like Rickets is almost forced to keep Hendry just for financial reasons. If the Cubs are that broke, have to sell off their high salaried players for pennies on the dollar and go with kids, repair their run down ballpark, and still charge high ticket prices; then the Sox could be primed to take a larger market share in the Chicago area. If we could put together a strong pennent push this season and next, we could own this city.

I don't know if the Cubs are legitimately "Broke" right now. I think the reality is...they signed some serious bad contracts that are going to hurt them...but on top of that, as a business decision, they can probably make a lot more money by cutting back on salary from here, because they won't lose a whole lot in ticket or ad sales from here.

0 runs in 7 innings for the Phillies against Wells. Making all kind of outs on the bases and leaving men on. Interesting information my buddy told me, but in the next two weeks, the Cubs will miss out on Oswalt, Wainwright, and Jimenez. What stinks is the Sox are facing all of the oppositions top pitchers coming out of the break it seems (Hernandez, Cahill)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
Marmol with an unbelievable meltdown in the 9th!!

Marmol is so prone to getting into huge trouble. Far too many walks and then he has to strikeout everyone to get out of it. Very little margin for error.