Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC

chetkincaid

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 02:47 AM)
I don't know how much this would actually play, but here me out: does it make sense for Boras to have Damon come to Chicago being that he will likely take away the majority of Jones, another one of his clients?

Does something like this have any affect on an agent's dealings?

No, not when you're someone like Boras with so many employees.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)
I don't think anyone should start getting excited about Damon coming here just yet. Since Boras is involved I think Damon ends up anywhere but here. It would be very exciting if the Sox did land him since most of us hate the idea of Jones and Kotsay getting too may AB's.

Well said

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Well said

Double and triple agree, we must hold our optimism until this is totally official. As someone else said, we thought we had Hunter before he signed with the Angels as well. Boras is cunning, these public negotiations will bring another team into the mix.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Maybe it's just me, but Levine holds about as much weight as Cowley does. He's terrible.

Levine is terrible. Seriously, his "sources" are a joke.

Cowley is a tool, but he called both Putz and Pierre days before they were acquired this offseason. He's got very strong intel.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
I don't know how much this would actually play, but here me out: does it make sense for Boras to have Damon come to Chicago being that he will likely take away the majority of Jones, another one of his clients?

Does something like this have any affect on an agent's dealings?

Damon isn't going to take away any of Jones' plate appearances. Jones is strictly a platoon player going into the season, and he'll be viewed that way unless something happens (either him proving otherwise or someone getting injured).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
If anything, Damon takes away playing time from Mark Kotsay and Juan Pierre. It affects those guys more than Jones. That is unless Jones breaks out and produces like he did back in 2005.

I actually think Jones is in a great position for his future value. Rios has to prove himself to the White Sox and Quentin has had a few injuries to deal with and it seems very possible and even likely that Jones could benefit from that.